List Synch

LassieGal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
When we bought our Droids on Sunday, the Verizon tech was unable to export my old telephone list into my phone. I ended up retyping everything. Is there any way for me to copy my telephone list to my husband's Droid? Thanks.

AubreyCTTX

Reaction score
Since the phone's contact list is automatically synchronized (both ways) with your Gmail contact list, the contacts you added will be visible in your Gmail contact list. So I think the simplest way would be to go into your Gmail account and export the contacts to a Google CSV file. Then take that file to your husband's Gmail account and import it into the contacts. The contacts will appear on his phone shortly after the import (I haven't timed it, but it seems to be within a minute on my phone).

kpiskin

Reaction score
What I did when I first got my phone was log onto my Verizon account. There is a way to download your contact list from there into a *.csv file that can be uploaded into Google as well.

AubreyCTTX

Reaction score
What I did when I first got my phone was log onto my Verizon account. There is a way to download your contact list from there into a *.csv file that can be uploaded into Google as well.

That's what I did when I got my Droid because I was using Backup Assistant on my old phone. It's unfortunate that the Verizon rep didn't mention this, although it's possible that the rep did and Backup Assistant didn't support the OP's phone.

But once you're using the Droid and if both people have Droids, it seems easiest to just use GMail for export/import. Another alternative, that I discovered this morning, is to export the contacts locally. There's an option in the menu for Contacts on the Droid that lets you save them to the SD Card (although you'd then have the hassle of getting the file off the OP's Droid and on to her husband's).

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since the phone's contact list is automatically synchronized (both ways) with your Gmail contact list, the contacts you added will be visible in your Gmail contact list. So I think the simplest way would be to go into your Gmail account and export the contacts to a Google CSV file.
...and you can use the CSV as an electronic backup.