Synching only certain songs from iTunes?

nick12

Reaction score
I've tried a few progs that are supposed to sync iTunes with my droid, but haven't been able to figure out if what I want to do is possible or not...

I have more songs than can fit on my ipod (or droid), so I have certain songs in my iTunes set to get synched to my ipod and others not to be synched. The progs I tried seem to want to copy all of my songs to the droid, even the ones that iTunes is configured to not sync.

Any way around that other than manually copying the songs I want?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
iTunes Agent can definitely do so. Not sure abotu DoubleTwist and the other standard recommendations.

OP
N

nick12

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I just gave that one a shot, but it doesn't seem like it can do that natively... You still have to drag the files you want to the droid playlist for it to sync against. With over 5,000 songs that are already checked/unchecked, it's kind of a pain to go through all of them again and drag the checked ones into a playlist.

I did figure out a way to do it, though. Here it is if anyone else is interested in doing this:

Open iTunes and create a new "smart playlist". Uncheck "Match the following condition". Check "Limit to" and put in a really big number, like all 9's. Check "Match only checked songs". This will give you a new playlist made up of all your checked songs.

Then just click on that playlist and drag it to the droid device under My Devices, hit sync in iTunes agent, and it'll copy over all your checked songs.