App questions from a newbie

Sweetness

Reaction score
So I know everyone has suggested the MotoTorch App, but I have the Droid Eris phone and can't find the Mototorch app. Any recommendations for the Droid Eris for a flashlight app?

Also I want to try and use my Eris in place of my Ipod, any recommendations for an app to put my songs from my itunes to my Eris? Or is it fairly easy to transfer my itunes songs to my Eris thru the USB mount?

And is there a good way to watch movies on my Eris? Something similar to how you can watch movies on a PSP by converting them to mpeg 4 format.

Any help or recommendations is appreciated.

chromashadows

Reaction score
So I know everyone has suggested the MotoTorch App, but I have the Droid Eris phone and can't find the Mototorch app. Any recommendations for the Droid Eris for a flashlight app?

Also I want to try and use my Eris in place of my Ipod, any recommendations for an app to put my songs from my itunes to my Eris? Or is it fairly easy to transfer my itunes songs to my Eris thru the USB mount?

And is there a good way to watch movies on my Eris? Something similar to how you can watch movies on a PSP by converting them to mpeg 4 format.

Any help or recommendations is appreciated.

try searching 'flashlight' but always read the comments before downloading.
not sure about a music holding app..... i have yet to put music on my droid.
LukLuk plays different formats: i know it's on the Eris cuz I had it on there before the phone (got two of em within a week) froze all the time and I gave up and got the droid, lol.

good luck. Usually if you search the general term in the apps market, it will pull up almost all apps with said description.

Reaction score
MotoTorch won't work on an Eris because it doesn't have the LED flash which is what MotoTorch turns into a flashlight. There are lots of flashlight apps on the market that just put a white screen at full brightness on your screen. Just search "flashlight" they are all about the same.

As for syncing, if you want your playlists you need to use either Doubletwist or Salling Media Sync. They are both about the same. Doing a USB transfer only does the songs but doesn't organize them. Salling and DT both keep the playlists.

chromashadows

Reaction score
Keep in mind the battery life on the eris is brutal. Had to charge mine about 4 to 8 times a day so finally I just kept it on charger and would go out without a phone. Horrible. No reason to have a wireless phone if that's the case. lol anyway: I suggest not using the flashlight app. Try just the screen brightness. they're frighteningly bright on their own. And, download Advanced Task Killer. I run my all the time. It turns off apps that dont need to run but somehow turn on for no reason and drain battery.

Reaction score
I got my wife the Eris and it lasts all day. Don't know what all you run on yours but with normal phone use and moderate surfing and games it's never run out on her.

As for Task killers, DON'T! Android has a built in control system that kills non-essential, non-used resources that regulates what's doing what. Using Task killers knocks the sequencing off in this and it throws the whole phone out of whack. THAT is probably why you have battery usage issues. I think there is even a sticky in the Tech support section on here that explains it in even more detail. Android will take care of it on it's own.