List Of Top Devices Shows It's Not About Clock Speed

Bilgediver

Reaction score
please correct me if i'm wrong but a lot of the app issues sounds like a cashing issue maybe more RAM is the answer not more CLOCK SPEED

+1, QFT, etc...

Totally. Overclocking is nice, but it still doesn't negate the fact that a lot of apps are pre-loaded into RAM, and when you try to switch back and forth, oftentimes its the lack of free RAM that causes the lag, so the processor takes time to write the information back and forth.

A Solid CPU with plenty of RAM is key.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would much rather companies focus on battery and camera performance. Plus giving me more than half a gig of ram wouldn't hurt.

I swear, the only thing that looks bad about the Desire HD/Inc HD, and it's absolutely appalling, is the battery size. I hope it gets an extended battery with no cost to size like the original Inc just did.

electric6

Reaction score
I would much rather companies focus on battery and camera performance. Plus giving me more than half a gig of ram wouldn't hurt.

I swear, the only thing that looks bad about the Desire HD/Inc HD, and it's absolutely appalling, is the battery size. I hope it gets an extended battery with no cost to size like the original Inc just did.

ditto on that sir, would it cost manufacturers THAT much more to just keep the clock speed wars the way they are right now with the next get prob being 1.2ghz and simply increasing the RAM to 1gb?? I mean, all it is(is) doubling the memory!! I'm sure that cost THOUSANDS less in R&D than constantly attempting to squeeze more speed out the processor. So iddeally:

1. 4.3" screen @ 1024x768(or something close to that.)
2. 1gb of RAM
3. 1.2ghz dual core processor.
4. Dedicated GPU
5. 1500ma battery.
6. FFC @ 1.3 megapixels.
7. HDMI/DLNA
8. OS 2.3
9. LTE compatible(sim card slot)
10. 8+ megapixel rear camera.

G

Grimster

Whats the point of this poll? Why bother asking end-users who have zero education in how CPUs and software really work. These people answering this poll are NOT software Devs and dont understand how ARM cpus work or how they relate to current and future software. Please take down this poll as it is a source useless misinformation.