List of issues.

hbar98

Reaction score
After having the phone for nearly a week, here are a few issues I'm having...anyone else have them as well? Any fixes out there??
  • Screen becomes unresponsive, necessitating a reset (soft keys didn't work either).
  • All connections: data and voice, randomly drop, sometimes for a couple of mins.
  • The sound stops working. Not just in one app...I have to force quit the app and reload it for the sound to start back up.
  • None of my apps show up in Market (well, not a RAZR issue...been happening with my DX...have a ticket with Google).
  • I keep forgetting that the power button is on the side, not the top like my DX. Okay, again, not an issue with the phone but my own stupid self.

willmiii

Reaction score
I just stumbled upon an issue yesterday. While at work I kept my phone in my pocket for around 3 hours and when I tried to turn it on it was unresponsive requiring a hard reset. Once on I noticed battery was at 15%. Thought nothing much of it. However last night I charged it to 100% and decided since it was in night mode from smart actions settings, there was no need to leave it on charger for the night. To my surprise I woke up this morning to a non responsive device again. I hard reset it and my battery showed 15%. What's the deal with that?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

droidshot®

Reaction score
I haven't had any of those issues as above but when I power mine off and then power it back on the phone starts ringing like someone is calling. I have to turn it of and then back on for it to stop. Crazy!!!!

2Ceedz

Reaction score
After having the phone for nearly a week, here are a few issues I'm having...anyone else have them as well? Any fixes out there??
  • Screen becomes unresponsive, necessitating a reset (soft keys didn't work either).
  • All connections: data and voice, randomly drop, sometimes for a couple of mins.
  • The sound stops working. Not just in one app...I have to force quit the app and reload it for the sound to start back up.
  • None of my apps show up in Market (well, not a RAZR issue...been happening with my DX...have a ticket with Google).
  • I keep forgetting that the power button is on the side, not the top like my DX. Okay, again, not an issue with the phone but my own stupid self.

The only real issue i have is your #2.... losing all data connections, cant even make a call. Noticed a simcard looking icon with a red 'x' on it.. meaning it had (that time) something to do with my SIM card. I dont know what the cause is, but I am going to a corporate store to exchange or get a new SIM card. With the bummer G-Nex news today, we may have 2 RAZRs in the house soon. ;-)

cmorty72

Reaction score
I haven't had any of those issues as above but when I power mine off and then power it back on the phone starts ringing like someone is calling. I have to turn it of and then back on for it to stop. Crazy!!!!
Are you sure it's just not your Razr going through the steps noticing/reloading your SD? Mine does that after a hard re-boot (also shows the SD icon in the notification dock) .

droidshot®

Reaction score
Are you sure it's just not your Razr going through the steps noticing/reloading your SD? Mine does that after a hard re-boot (also shows the SD icon in the notification dock) .

Yeah, I let it ring the other day just to see how long it would ring. After ten minutes I turned it off and back on and it stopped. It didn't do it when I first got it. Just started two days ago and it's my ringtone I set.

mikeawhitehead

Reaction score
Can't say I'm experiencing any of the issues mentioned in this thread. The only thing I've experienced that bugs me a little is when I'm streaming music via bluetooth in my car, every 2 minutes or so the music will stop for a few seconds (no matter what song is playing), the speaker on the phone will say 'Verizon Wireless', and then the song will resume where it left off. Other than that, this phone has been rock solid since they fired up 4G this past Thursday...

OP
H

hbar98

Reaction score
I thought that the sim card was for 4g only...is this different now??

Still experiencing the total loss of all radios. Which sucks. Hasn't happened while I was talking on the phone, but it has happened as I was watching Netflix, Pandora, and Google Music.

I wonder how many of these issues are software based or bad hardware...

Deron

Reaction score

My phone also plays my ringtone when it reboots.

BubbaMocha

Reaction score
my razr wont even turn on.. any hints.. yes its at 100% charge... or should be.. its been plugged into the wall for 2 days

muscles007

Reaction score
I just purchased this phone Wednesday of last week, If I sent or forwarded an email the contents wouldn't show up. It needed a reset. Saturday the phone just shut down for no reason and would not come back on. Last night I'm out and the phone was @ 60%, it shut down and didn't come back on until this morning. And let's not forget the "super short" battery life too.

breedingh8

Reaction score
I just purchased this phone Wednesday of last week, If I sent or forwarded an email the contents wouldn't show up. It needed a reset. Saturday the phone just shut down for no reason and would not come back on. Last night I'm out and the phone was @ 60%, it shut down and didn't come back on until this morning. And let's not forget the "super short" battery life too.

Ive have one stray reboot while in car dock...other then that no complaints; perhaps a return is in order!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

ictdog

Reaction score
I just stumbled upon an issue yesterday. While at work I kept my phone in my pocket for around 3 hours and when I tried to turn it on it was unresponsive requiring a hard reset. Once on I noticed battery was at 15%. Thought nothing much of it. However last night I charged it to 100% and decided since it was in night mode from smart actions settings, there was no need to leave it on charger for the night. To my surprise I woke up this morning to a non responsive device again. I hard reset it and my battery showed 15%. What's the deal with that?

I have been experiencing this since I got the phone last week. Mostly when I use the holster and it goes into sleep mode. I am on the Verizon help line trying to see if this is a know issue...I will post a response if they can give me one...

gokartmozart

Reaction score
Are people reporting these to Verizon? I called them about my charging issue and they told me it wasn't a known issue, which makes it harder to get a new replacement. Please report your problems to Verizon!

jays91ls

Reaction score

wow i notice that issue also ?? it is a little on the crazy side