Liquid 2.3 to liquid 3.0

sleeper24

Reaction score
Hi there,

Can I come from liquid 2.3 to liquid 3.0? If not, which version do I need to run before I can run Liquid 3.0?

Thanks

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Unfortunately you can not go straight from 2.3 to 3.0. To get onto 3.0 you will need to SBF back to stock, accept OTA update, root your phone again, and then you can flash 3.0.

Alternately you could try the all in one installers to do it if you have the TBH app but I have not used them so I do not know the exact steps.

bullswife98

Reaction score
Hi there,

Can I come from liquid 2.3 to liquid 3.0? If not, which version do I need to run before I can run Liquid 3.0?

Thanks

Uummm, from what you posted here your running Liquid Gingerbread now, right? Sooo, just boot to recovery, make a nandroid backup, wipe and flash 3.0... If you already have Liquid on your device just wipe and install.

SENT FROM MY ROOTED/SUPERCHARGED AND 3G TURBO CHARGED OG.DROID1 SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDWEST!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Uummm, from what you posted here your running Liquid Gingerbread now, right? Sooo, just boot to recovery, make a nandroid backup, wipe and flash 3.0... If you already have Liquid on your device just wipe and install.

SENT FROM MY ROOTED/SUPERCHARGED AND 3G TURBO CHARGED OG.DROID1 SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDWEST!

That would be true if they were using a Droid 1. Since they are using a Droid 2 they will need to follow the steps I posted above. Darn locked bootloader makes jumping around a pain at times lol.

OP
S

sleeper24

Reaction score

That's correct. I am running Liquid rom version 2.3. I will try the first suggestion first to see how that goes. I will post back on how things go. Thank you both for the advice.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Like I said if using a Droid 2 those are the steps you will need to follow. Time consuming I know but so far 3.0 has been very good on my Droid X so I would say it is worth it.

mattv111

Reaction score
Does Liquid 2.3 run of the froyo kernel or something?? Cause if it's GB like I think it is (but I'm not sure) you only need to wipe and flash

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yes it does. It was necessary to flash it while on the same kernel as froyo.

OP
S

sleeper24

Reaction score
UPDATE: I went back to the stock froyo rom I had made a recovery off and then did all the necessary step (wipe/flash all those) to run Liquid 3.0 but got stuck in boot load. Now I'm sbfing back and will provide an update once I get it back.

Anybody know why it would get stuck in boot loader even though I did all the necessary wipes. That's just one thing I don't get.

Thanks,

Bassaholic33

Reaction score
UPDATE: I went back to the stock froyo rom I had made a recovery off and then did all the necessary step (wipe/flash all those) to run Liquid 3.0 but got stuck in boot load. Now I'm sbfing back and will provide an update once I get it back.

Anybody know why it would get stuck in boot loader even though I did all the necessary wipes. That's just one thing I don't get.

Thanks,

Yes, you need to be on factory update or gb leak to use 3.0. Preferably factory update.

SBF to stock froyo.
Do factory update to OTA GB.
Root using one step droid 3 method.
Flash Liquid 3.0.

Happy Flashing

OP
S

sleeper24

Reaction score
When I downloaded the Liquid 3.0 it was not zipped up. I took the two files in the folder I downloaded and zip those two up and named it update.zip. Is this what I was suppose to do or did I download the wrong one? I downloaded from the same post everyone else downloaded it from but in the droid 2 section.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah that is pretty strange, you should not have had to zip it up yourself. Do you mean you downloaded from the 2 separate links in the droid 2 section of the thread?

OP
S

sleeper24

Reaction score
Yeah that is pretty strange, you should not have had to zip it up yourself. Do you mean you downloaded from the 2 separate links in the droid 2 section of the thread?

That is correct. Could this be the reason why I'm stuck at boot load?

OP
S

sleeper24

Reaction score
Yes, you need to be on factory update or gb leak to use 3.0. Preferably factory update.

SBF to stock froyo.
Do factory update to OTA GB.
Root using one step droid 3 method.
Flash Liquid 3.0.

Happy Flashing

Just curious. Why root using droid 3 method and not a droid 2 method? Is it running the same thing for both?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
That is correct. Could this be the reason why I'm stuck at boot load?

They were just 2 downloads of the same file, no need to zip them up. But from reading your other post you got stuck in the loop because you tried to flash it when you went back to stock froyo. As I said you needed to take the OTA and root that before flashing.

Just curious. Why root using droid 3 method and not a droid 2 method? Is it running the same thing for both?

The exploit used in the process was found for the D3 so thats what it is named that way. The method should work on any moto device running 2.3.3 (which is the most recent OTA update for the droid 2).