Liquid 2.3 to liquid 3.0

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I wish I had my D2 to try it out for you. I was able to bootstrap on stock rooted for my DX and install it so I am not sure what the difference is on the D2. What exactly is the error message, or does it say that it is bad and cant unzip?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I am at a loss, I contacted one of my D2 buddies. I am hoping he will have some insight for us as to how he got it installed.

OP
S

sleeper24

Reaction score
Thank you. Any help I can get is greatly appreciated.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok....what ROM are you currently on? And what are you wanting to install? The steps are very simple....just need to know where you are?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
S

sleeper24

Reaction score
I'm currently running the ota gingerbread on a droid 2. I downloaded the liquid 3.0 zip file from the droid 2 section but when I go to install from zip in bootstrap, it says the zip file I got from the download link is bad. This is after I wipe all that is necessary as well.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm currently running the ota gingerbread on a droid 2. I downloaded the liquid 3.0 zip file from the droid 2 section but when I go to install from zip in bootstrap, it says the zip file I got from the download link is bad. This is after I wipe all that is necessary as well.

Ok...What I would do, is delete the one you have....redownload from the Liquid thread here in the forum...I think you got a bad file...And..you must not use bootstrapper on any 2nd init ROM...it will bootloop...Ok....after you have a fresh download...save it to whatever folder you can find it while in recovery......then wipe data, cache and dalvick cache in advanced....then mount system..it will say unmount...if your mounted....then install zip from sd.....find the zip.....and install....that's all you have to do...If your doing that and getting an error, you certainly have a bad file....do not unzip it....

OP
S

sleeper24

Reaction score
Ok...What I would do, is delete the one you have....redownload from the Liquid thread here in the forum...I think you got a bad file...And..you must not use bootstrapper on any 2nd init ROM...it will bootloop...Ok....after you have a fresh download...save it to whatever folder you can find it while in recovery......then wipe data, cache and dalvick cache in advanced....then mount system..it will say unmount...if your mounted....then install zip from sd.....find the zip.....and install....that's all you have to do...If your doing that and getting an error, you certainly have a bad file....do not unzip it....

Wait, if i'm not suppose to use bootstrapper on any 2nd init ROM, how can I mount and install the zip from SD. Is there another recovery I'm suppose to use instead of bootstrapper?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You should be able to use it to install liquid but once installed you can no longer use bootstrap.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wait, if i'm not suppose to use bootstrapper on any 2nd init ROM, how can I mount and install the zip from SD. Is there another recovery I'm suppose to use instead of bootstrapper?

CWM will be installed auto on any Cm7 built ROM..or most 2nd inits...you will use bootstrapper to get to the LIQUID then you don't need or want it....

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should be able to use it to install liquid but once installed you can no longer use bootstrap.

Haha you beat me to it! Lol I thought maybe he knew I meant as precaution once on liquid..lol

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I normally use my spare D2 to reason these things out. But I do not have it anymore due to my brother needing a phone so I called in the big guns aka D2D. Drummer did you install it over rooted OTA or from another ROM?

And what can I say, I am just fast like that lol!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have any complications...use Rom Manager...its simple..just make sure you flash recovery then click all the checks so your clean and have a backup.....follow my instructions from the prior couple of posts...I believe you won't have any issues...we do this every day! Wish I could stay up a bit, I love helping out! Lol but I'm running on empty from work and need to get the kids up at 5:30am and I go in at 9am...sad thing is, I just got home a bit ago...lol Peace brother...and I truly hope you enjoy Liquids ROM...I think you just had a bad file brother....it happens....you'll be fine! I will check on you tomorrow...if you run into any issue..I will be on tomorrow afternoon....peace!...the drummer!:)
Sad, because I've never had to go before seeing someone through..hope its all good! JSM! Thanks brother! I will talk soon!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I normally use my spare D2 to reason these things out. But I do not have it anymore due to my brother needing a phone so I called in the big guns aka D2D. Drummer did you install it over rooted OTA or from another ROM?

And what can I say, I am just fast like that lol!

Oh..I installed over ota! Cm7 that is....