Like I said... Progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikedude880

Reaction score
This is Tanzanite 2.0.2 (from Crystal Clear Roms) built for the Droid 2 Global. Minimal edits from 'repo sync' to booting.

From source. 'nuff said.
nlptp0.jpg

What is working:

• It boots to GUI (milestone)
  • Bluetooth
  • Wifi (Tested with WPA2/TKIP)
  • Sensors (rotation, touch panel, lights)
  • Keyboard (minus Alt Lock)
  • GPS (basic test via camera app, log shows location)
  • Calls/SMS
  • Market (Errors on install, no space left on device)
  • Camera (Thanks to buryboi for extra proprietary)

What is NOT working:

• Data, in any form <possible cause known, investigating>
  • Camcorder (crashes when loading doe to missing omx aacenc and m4venc libraries)
  • USB doesn't work if it isn't plugged in, unfortunately this causes wifi to not work.
  • Note: There are untested features because there's no way to test: (accelerometer, magnetometer, AGPS)

Last edited:

rusty815

Reaction score
2.2.1? I thought they were working on gingerbread for all their droids? I think that pic may be old

OP
B

bikedude880

Reaction score
How can it be old? I'm purposefully building Froyo from cvpcs source for the D2G.

rusty815

Reaction score
Oh, lol, you didn't give any info on what this was :p and I couldn't read what it said on mod/rom, that's great then :D when can we expect this?

OP
B

bikedude880

Reaction score
Once I can get a bit of testing in to make sure things are working. Right now I can confirm sensors (no haptic), bluetooth, and wifi are functional.

rusty815

Reaction score
That's great, I would release it just like that because some people don't like haptic feedback (like me) ;) but seriously, tell us how the testing goes and when it'll be ready, the d2g community seriously needs some love.

rusty815

Reaction score
ill test too of course, want this out as soon as possible so everyone else can have in on it :D

OP
B

bikedude880

Reaction score
A couple tests have shown 3G to /not/ work. Looking into why. Testing will start as soon as all radios are functioning (maybe). Past that, there's really nothing visibly broken.

EDIT: On a side note, after getting it to boot to GUI, it was time for a celebratory drink :p

EDIT2: I don't screw around when I have something working. This is not a joke, hoax, or bigfoot. I mean what I say :)

Last edited:

rusty815

Reaction score
First off, thanks for your work, im sure when this is released it will be stunning, all I have to ask is can you please give us some details on this rom? I can tell from the OP that its from source, what else can you tell us? Maybe edit the OP with some more info ;)

wilboy

Reaction score
First off, thanks for your work, im sure when this is released it will be stunning, all I have to ask is can you please give us some details on this rom? I can tell from the OP that its from source, what else can you tell us? Maybe edit the OP with some more info ;)

Yep,like what OP said....and for some more INFO!
And this the reason why i don't wanna install it yet !!
And lastly..dunno if this gonna work w/ our D2G!!
Important Notes

Because I know some of you young hipsters just want to get right to flashing and not read through all of the KNOWN BUGS (though you REALLY SHOULD), I've consolidated some important things to remember.

1. ON INSTALL YOU DO NOT NEED TO MOUNT SYSTEM MANUALLY - although it won't hurt, my install script automagickally does everything for you
  2. FULL FACTORY RESET IS REQUIRED - blur-related data mixing with aosp is a no-no, so wipe data before you restart
  3. THIS IS IN BETA - remember that. there WILL be bugs and i cannot guarantee that this will be ready for daily use yet. just keep your wits about you and enjoy.
  4. USES KOUSH'S RECOVERY - this now uses koush's recovery, so bootstrapper and ROM Manager should work
  5. DATA DOESN'T WORK - 3G/Data connections don't appear to be working yet, so you'll have to use Wifi if you use this. I will be releasing a partial update “fix” for this as soon as I can
I will keep this updated with any other questions people have.

License Agreement

The core of Android is released from AOSP under a combination of the Apache and GPLv2 licenses. Emerald is released under the GPLv2 license, which can be found below:
Tanzanite ROM - A custom Android OS built from AOSP
Copyright (C) 2010 Austen Dicken (CVPCS)

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the
GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of
the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without
even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not,
write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
Known Issues

Video doesn't work

Video “sorta” works, but only on low-res and youtube videos, and even then it's choppy. progress has been made but more work needs to be done.

Pin-point GPS doesn't work

Network-based GPS works (fuzzy-gps) and is accurate to approximately 20 meters. However, pin-point gps or true gps is not currently functioning. It is being looked into.

Camera/Camcorder do not work

The Camera freezes and ultimately crashes if you attempt to take a photo with it. The camcorder will crash as soon as you turn it on. These are being looked into as well.

3G/Data do not work

For whatever reason the phone refuses to connect to the 3G/Data network. Phone calls appear to work, but not data. I will be looking into this and releasing a partial update fix in the future.

OP
B

bikedude880

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that, I'll get it in the main post now.

3G/Data do not work

For whatever reason the phone refuses to connect to the 3G/Data network. Phone calls appear to work, but not data. I will be looking into this and releasing a partial update fix in the future.
I am currently working on this issue. Wifi /does/ work to the extent that networks can be seen and connected to, but will immediately disconnect due to wpa_supplicant being unable to properly talk to the TI wlan driver. 3G appears to be caused by missing proprietary binaries/libraries.

Live Wallpapers are working, as is bluetooth. Everything else is unable to be tested until data (in any form) is working.

Camera/Camcorder do not work
'nuff said on that topic. That won't be a dealbreaker for me though (yet).

OP
B

bikedude880

Reaction score
Just got Wifi working, as well as being able to test that the Market app works.

Status
Not open for further replies.