"LIFE" on Discovery HD

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
What a fantastic series with the most AMAZING camera work I've ever seen! Anyone else watching?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Yes, But Oprah grinds my nerves.....

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
yep, the only downside. some of the camera shots look like computer generated 3d stuff; wonder if it is?

rlfitz

Reaction score
yep, the only downside. some of the camera shots look like computer generated 3d stuff; wonder if it is?

The last episode that was on sunday night was a behind the scenes episode. They did use some computer generated stuff. the scene where they show plants growing over a 2 year period sped up, was done in a green room. the seeds spinning their way down from the trees was computer generated too.

I couldnt agree more about oprahs voice. Its like fingernails on a chaulkboard. The planet earth series had sigourney weavers voice. it was a much better choice. I have about as much patience for listening to oprahs voice as i do listening to obamas.

Overall a very good series,,

lockman

Reaction score
The BBC version = no Oprah. Try Googling it. It's all over the place for dl. Glad I'm not the only Oprah voice hater. BTW, when I mentioned this to my wife Sunday night, she thought I was nuts, and said nothing is wrong with her voice. So according to my wife, you're nuts.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The BBC version = no Oprah. Try Googling it. It's all over the place for dl. Glad I'm not the only Oprah voice hater. BTW, when I mentioned this to my wife Sunday night, she thought I was nuts, and said nothing is wrong with her voice. So according to my wife, you're nuts.

Oh, I'll make this very clear...It's not "just" her voice that I hate.

lockman

Reaction score
Not to take this off topic too far off topic, but how about a why I hate Oprah thread?:icon_ banana:
And that's the third time I've typed that damn name, and ten minutes ago I had no idea it was even in the phone's spell check.