Liberty rom

calfly

Reaction score
Hey guys I would like to install rom. Was told though to install the zip on the root of the sd card. What does that mean. I have it located in my download file,is that what they are saying?confused on the term. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
yea thats right. all you need to do is boot into recovery which can be done with an app like "droid 2/X bootstrapper". once you boot into recovery just wipe all data then install zip from sd card. if you look on the very first page of the liberty rom page you will see a list of instructions that got the rom installed for me every time.

zer0ed77

Reaction score
Hey guys I would like to install rom. Was told though to install the zip on the root of the sd card. What does that mean. I have it located in my download file,is that what they are saying?confused on the term. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Yes, sir. Easy as pie. Do a backup first with ROM Manager. Then use DX Boot Strapper to boot into recovery. You'll be just fine.

Follow the official Liberty install instructions. Once done, you'll have a brand new phone.

beckerfj

Reaction score

To specifically answer your question, the root directory is the top level of the directory tree (meaning you're not in a subdirectory). So, the root of your sdcard is '/'. If you are familiar with Windows, think of it like 'c:\'.

So, your file is in a subdirectory (/download) which is not the root directory of your sdcard. You could think of this like c:\download.

With that being said, it is still okay to flash the rom from this directory because I did from the /download and everything worked perfectly.

However, if you are concerned, just move/copy the file to the / directory (one level up).

DROIDX, Liberty 1.5, DroidForums App