Liberty rom

11bravo

Reaction score
Im new to installing roms and just recently installed tranquility on my droid x 2.2 using rom manager. My question is, where can I download the leberty rom? I keep reading that it is a very good rom and I want to experiment with as many different types as I can. Thanks in advanced.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rayne58

Reaction score
lol the stickied thread right above it...forget about rom manager go into clockwork clear data and cache and install the zip

OP

11bravo

Reaction score
Hahaha. Ok that sounds really simple and I know im gona feel really dumb after I find out how to do it but im also new to this forum and I am on here through the app on my DX. So.... how do I download liberty? Sorry, im still a noob.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go to the stickied thread, click the download link (read the entire instructions posted with the rom), boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, find the zip in the download folder, install zip, reboot, enjoy.

From the X

OP

11bravo

Reaction score
Ah ok! Thanks. I do feel dumb. So do I have to get rid of tranquility before I try installing a new rom? If so, how would I go about uninstalling a rom?

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You don't have to get rid of it. In fact, back it up through rom manager or via reboot recovery first. When you wipe data it will remove the rom which is why.you want to create a backup. Once you wipe you're good to install liberty and if you want to return to your previous rom backup liberty the same way then reboot into clockwork recovery and go and restore the rom.

From the X

OP

11bravo

Reaction score
Wow, thanks bro! It makes alot more sense now. Ill give it a try. Thanks again to you guys. This forum is extremely helpful to noobs like myself.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No problem, I'm no expert myself and I owe it to those who have helped me out to pass on what I've learned. Romming is very addicting and this forum has tons of people who know what they're doing and tons information out there...its a great resource.

From the X