Liberty Roadmap?

reznorfan0

Reaction score
First, just want to thank team liberty (members past and present) for freeing the X and getting more out this device than anybody had a right to think we'd get.

I do have a question though as far as how the release roadmap is looking like as you see it.

Right now you have the nightlies section in the toolbox. It's great, quick and easy and all, but as far as changelogs and other support info, it's a little light. I take nightlies to mean untested builds meant for experimenting with. Does this mean that the nightly version numbers are building toward what...an officially official 1.0 realease? Or is it really that your just chugging along and whatever comes up for an improvement is just stuck into the latest nightly and sent out into the world?

I only ask because while I love playing with my phone, I rarely have an extra half hour in a day to myself for flashing and rebuilding my setup. So I have to pick and chose when to upgrade. Also, as far as themeing goes, I'm sure a better idea or more structured outline of how these releases will work into the future might help prevent wasted effort to make a theme for a build that will be going away 3 days later.

Or maybe I am just being annoying. Thanks again.

Reaction score
I can't speak directly for the Liberty team, but in the past, there has been a major release of Liberty that is released to the public and supported until the next version. 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 are good examples. The nightlies are released to the masses early for testing purposes, and from what I've learned from the Liberty Team and the history of the ROM, there will be a major "public" release of LGB 1.0 once they are satisfied that they've worked out all of the bugs and features.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
Moto's version of GB is a new beast for us to tackle. That's why we're releasing so frequently as we continue to tame it. At the moment, we aren't adding a lot of 'features' beyond the ability to customize your install.

We never put out a zip without having already been using the changes on our phones for a good amount of time. The main guinea pig is my GF as she actually uses her phone as her daily driver. So typically, things are tested to the point where we feel we can push out a new build to everyone. Occasionally things will slip by, like the current debacle with blur home. But then again, that's something we had tested in house and it worked fine. So unfortunately, some things are bound to occur beyond our control.

We recently implemented a changelog that pops up when you flash a new version. It's not a complete solution, but we are making so many miniscule adjustments that its hard to list them all. You could expect a more comprehensive or advance changelog once we get past 1.0 release.

As far as the themes go, we don't really have the ability to communicate better with the artists as the frequency of the builds and changes is too quick. This will settle and be more predictable once we get back into major release territory.

So right now, our goal is continue to fix bugs while we get the base of the rom/theme to where we want it. Once we've got that solid, we'll do the full 1.0 release of LGB. After that, we'll be continuing to stabilize, refine and fix any issues that crop up.

We'd like to be able to add more of the requested additions to the rom that go beyond the stock offerings, but we are waiting to attempt any of that until we've got things settled.