liberty gingerbread

antisomnic

Reaction score
I read on here that there is a ginerbread version of liberty. I can't find a link though for it and I got the donate version of Liberty toolbox and I can't figure out how to install it. The only thing that comes up is the non-gingerbread version when I open it. Maybe I'm dumb but can someone tell me what I have to do?

.paul

Reaction score
I read on here that there is a ginerbread version of liberty. I can't find a link though for it and I got the donate version of Liberty toolbox and I can't figure out how to install it. The only thing that comes up is the non-gingerbread version when I open it. Maybe I'm dumb but can someone tell me what I have to do?

Open the toolbox - go to ROM manager - go to nightlies - download GB

ksalce

Reaction score
is there a droid 2 version of this that's came out or is it only for the x? Also if there's only an x version, can I flash the dxtod2 port over it to get it to work? Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
A

antisomnic

Reaction score

Open the toolbox - go to ROM manager - go to nightlies - download GB

oooohhh i didn't hit that because i thought it just brought you to the ROM manager app. thanks a lot

dxgeek35

Reaction score
Do you need the paid version?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
Yes, DXgeek - you need the paid version. Buy it and support them, please; they deserve it. Latest build of donate version has the Nightlies option in ROM Manager, anything else and you don't have it available. I just downloaded it and installed it, waiting for Google to stick all my apps back on. (I'm a fan of true fresh installs, what can I say)

dxgeek35

Reaction score
Ok! Yea I would love to support them for all there hard work and amazing roms!

sdny8

Reaction score
Anyone having trouble logging into their accounts menu in settings. I can't get my google acct to sync and consequently I have no contacts.

It opens and closes almost instantly

clarkstrange

Reaction score
Well I awesomely lost my donate toolbox somewhere in a flash I guess and my market is force closing, as it has been for two weeks now. This freaking blows!

Sent from a Liberated Droid X

pin0y23

Reaction score
Okay so I'm a little lost in how to install the new rom.... liberty toolbox says you need to be ona liberty rom in order to download anything from the toolbox... like the gingerbread gb... but the other liberty roms are on fro yo... so do you have to be on a liberty rom on fro yo then download the gingerbread rom? or can you be on the .588 gingerbread rooted leak, and just go to your liberty toolbox, and download the gingerbread rom?

mcp770

Reaction score
Okay so I'm a little lost in how to install the new rom.... liberty toolbox says you need to be ona liberty rom in order to download anything from the toolbox... like the gingerbread gb... but the other liberty roms are on fro yo... so do you have to be on a liberty rom on fro yo then download the gingerbread rom? or can you be on the .588 gingerbread rooted leak, and just go to your liberty toolbox, and download the gingerbread rom?

You don't have to be on liberty. I was on .588 having used the gazillion zip method and when I tried to update using the second liberty zip (GB to GB) version I bootlooped forever. I did (you should) an sbf back to stock 340 rerooted and installed the full liberty GB from scratch. If you are on froyo than download the first liberty GB zip marked for froyo then either let rom manager install it with wipe or boot into clockwork and install from the liberty folder on your sd card making sure to wipe data/cache/dalvik cache then install. I did this and have had none of the issues other seem to be having. Also downloaded all my apps fresh from market and only restored data to a select few using titanium.

Battery life is phenominal and speed wise is blows stock GB away.

pin0y23

Reaction score

You don't have to be on liberty. I was on .588 having used the gazillion zip method and when I tried to update using the second liberty zip (GB to GB) version I bootlooped forever. I did (you should) an sbf back to stock 340 rerooted and installed the full liberty GB from scratch. If you are on froyo than download the first liberty GB zip marked for froyo then either let rom manager install it with wipe or boot into clockwork and install from the liberty folder on your sd card making sure to wipe data/cache/dalvik cache then install. I did this and have had none of the issues other seem to be having. Also downloaded all my apps fresh from market and only restored data to a select few using titanium.

Battery life is phenominal and speed wise is blows stock GB away.
okay because i sbfed awhile ago and just downloaded the 3 gb .588 files to install. I shouldn't install those right? just go to liberty toolbox, rom manager, gb liberty, download and make sure to check the wipe data and whatever box right? then it installs gb .588 and liberty rom for gb and everything for me?

EDIT: just saw the information regarding liberty gb on nightlies, explains it all, thank you for the help had you not said anything I would have installed the 3 zip files way and had to sbf back all over again or whatever I would have had to do lol :)

Last edited:

mcp770

Reaction score
okay because i sbfed awhile ago and just downloaded the 3 gb .588 files to install. I shouldn't install those right? just go to liberty toolbox, rom manager, gb liberty, download and make sure to check the wipe data and whatever box right? then it installs gb .588 and liberty rom for gb and everything for me?

EDIT: just saw the information regarding liberty gb on nightlies, explains it all, thank you for the help had you not said anything I would have installed the 3 zip files way and had to sbf back all over again or whatever I would have had to do lol :)

No offense to P3Droid AT ALL but the three zip method to get rooted gb then another to deodex and one more to get the crt power off animation etc...SUCKED for me and had issues out the ass. I SBF'ed more in the past few days with those than I have in nearly a year with my X. This ONE ZIP liberty upgrade to GB was a god send and worked perfectly with all the working perks of the liberty toolbox to boot. I am blown away by how much easier this install was with much better performance. The liberty guys got my donation and earned every penny.

Last edited: