Question About Liberty Gingerbread

the_holson

Reaction score
I see in the main thread that Liberty Gingerbread requires Gingerbread 4.5.596 and my phone recently updated to 4.5.602. Will Liberty work with this updated version of Gingerbread?

Pacidermiz X

Reaction score
same here

I just got a waranty replacement DX, and its on 4.5.602. I was looking around for new ROM's because I've been on Liberty for 6 months. But it looks like
[ROM] 4.5.602 GB (3 Versions) is the only ROM for this latest OTA I could find. Thank you mobile_sensie. I cannot find anywat to root this ROM without starting up ADB. So if you are not comfortable doing that, RSD is alot easier. Just SBF to a lesser ROM. I'm sure Liberty and the rest of the crew will have ROMs out shortly.

I'm going to root mine useing Dan Rosenburg's exploit for the Droid 3. If you can start up old ADB, and don't mind being a ctrl-v pirate (like me), its pretty simple. I'll post here later after I get home to let everybody know how it went.

earlybill1

Reaction score
Im in liberty. .v09 my phone dial icon wont work n try to watch youtube but no luck how do I change roms r sumthing to make this work I had a theme that was real good but since everything when nuts I wanna go back to .602 gb my phone wont even check 4 updates help ne1

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

earlybill1

Reaction score
Why not SBF back to. 320 and install latest rooted froyo?

I would if I could im not to smart lol hana but im looking into linux cd u think it'll work man I need sumthing this scares me n a bad way seriously. Help

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Linux CD is a good idea I like to use it remember

Download the ISO

Check its footprints match up with the checksum

Burn

Run

Select language

power off device and go into real recovery I believe both volume keys and power and release when screen flashes

Follow the rest and good luck you can pm me if needed

earlybill1

Reaction score
Sounds so easy but I need step by step button by button lol no what I mean wish I knew sum1 else living close that would do it 4 me that's bad I know but im gonna keep messing with it if ya thank of ne thine else please pm me whatever that means lol really do u know cause I don't ne walkthourgh over the phone lol thanks man

Dullawolf

Reaction score
bet way to root your ota droid x. search google for this program PetesMotorolaRootTools_v1.03. it is awesome. just plug your phone in, set it to mass storage, open up the program, and click root. 3minutes later, you have root on your ota .596 or .692 droid x. works on other phones as well.

semp

Reaction score
I am on 602. d/l v.09 and flashed it. so far no problems. going to the store while it finishes loading. keep your fingers crossed.

semp

Reaction score
well on 602 with .09 liberty. no problems. so much better than apex. but the market still the old one. that is a downer.

semp

Reaction score
market didnt update, but I installed a theme and it had the new market. so far i havent had no problems with liberty .09 and 602 update.