Liberty GB v.3 Rocks

mcp770

Reaction score
Using v.3 with imoseyon 6.2.1 tweaks and batt/speed is beyond awesome. Liberty GB is a complete win and made donating 5.00 a pleasure. Thanks rummy and imoseyon.

Also jrummy oc on board of course.

Last edited:

bobAbooey

Reaction score
Can you maybe post a screen shot of battery use right before it dies?

I have never had luck with Liberty's battery life. I still donated and love the work but my X just doesn't seem to like it. I will flash v.3 and run some tests.

Jbtech

Reaction score
Im running the rooted OTA gingerbread and easily get a day of battery with light to moderate use.

Is liberty GB better?

gimlet72

Reaction score
Ya has been well for me. I have made several phone calls and used the display some. My phone has been off the charger for 5 hours and is still at 80%..

I am OC to 1.1

OP
mcp770

mcp770

Reaction score
I use the extended battery, ULV 1.1 w/conserv gov, imoseyan tweaks. Now if I don't use the internet on my phone I get about 36 hours +/- just texting and a few short calls. If I check the web allot, 2-3 times an hour checking forums etc and have a never put it down heavy day I still get 12-20 hours. Here is what I got:

1. sbf back to stock 340 rerooted then did factory reset for ****s and giggles.
2. I had Liberty gb installed previously so I booted into cw using d2bootstrap, cleared data/cache/dalvic/batt.
3. Went to liberty folder and installed the full Liberty_B0.1_full_GB_Install.zip . Let the phone boot then rebooted again for good measure.
4. Back to cw and ran lgb-v0.3.zip that I had also downloaded previously. rebooted then did another reboot for good measure.
5. installed the imoseyon 6.2.1 zip and used toolbox to change boot logo and animation, batt indicator, and pull down text.
6. used droid oc to set cpu to conservative, 1.1 ulv
**calibrated battery 100%...reset stats...discharge completely...charge 100%.

apps:
24 on 48 off shift calendar
adobe air
adobe flash 10.2
connected music player
angry birds rio
barcode scanner
beautiful widgets
boot logo changer
busybox installer
direct tv
google docs
dolphin browser hd
d2bootstrapper
droid oc
dropbox
facebook
sky map
handcent
lpp
maps
mint
plume
poynt
root expl
seek droid
swype
tbh
term emulator
titanium
touch calendar
youmail

nothing special and battery/performance is phenominal as far as large screen phones go. Notice no battery saver or task killing applications....they do the exact opposite or are complete placebo's. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
mcp770

mcp770

Reaction score
Can you maybe post a screen shot of battery use right before it dies?

I have never had luck with Liberty's battery life. I still donated and love the work but my X just doesn't seem to like it. I will flash v.3 and run some tests.

You have an app or widget killing your battery then because GB stock had better battery life than a tweaked out .340 rom on a good day. Liberty is even better and that is the majority opinion from what I see. I would sbf back to .340 and in .340 do a factory reset again as well. Then backup your sd card and format it using the PC to get out any junk then just restore your media to it. Then reroot and reinstall gb v.1 then reboot and install v.3 . Reboot into cw and clear cache/dalvik cache/batt stats if fully charged and reboot. Then log into google, activate etc and download apps fresh from market. Only restore data to user apps via titanium NO SYSTEM DATA. This should fix you up.

Also be sure to calibrate your batt via 100%....reset stats....discharge completely....charge completely.

bobAbooey

Reaction score
Nice, thanks for the info. My goal is best battery life possible. Speed is nice but battery is better. I keep my phone minimal. I don't run any widgets and freeze anything i can.

I'm running it now. I'll run it for a few days and check it out. I was on the beta apex and it was very good.

Maybe I'm just a rom addict.

OP
mcp770

mcp770

Reaction score
Nice, thanks for the info. My goal is best battery life possible. Speed is nice but battery is better. I keep my phone minimal. I don't run any widgets and freeze anything i can.

I'm running it now. I'll run it for a few days and check it out. I was on the beta apex and it was very good.

Maybe I'm just a rom addict.

me too lol. Even on the best rom I feel the itch to flash every few weeks.

OP
mcp770

mcp770

Reaction score
MCP ... looking at Jrummy OC.. how do you enable smartass gov?

Open the app and hit the menu button then go into settings. Unchecked any govs you don't want and check the two for the one you do want. Then back out and in the main app screen go to top set CPU scaling and change the boot gov and click the apply at boot box. I did it that way and never had an issue with oc working on gb. You can confirm settings in terminal after using allinone script to see CPU info.

Milltec

Reaction score
does imoseyon's mods just get flashed in clockwork?

Yeah, all i did was get up to v.3 then I booted in to cw then install .zip from sd card and flashed imoseyon 6.2.1 without wiping cach or data. no problems from doing that for me

murf0217

Reaction score
Anyone do a Quadrant Benchmark test? I did one on mine several times and was consistently around 1600! Wow!!!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I get around 1600 on stock 2.2 for the d2g...1800 on deblurred, 1850 on fission. 2300-2400 with tweaks and stagefright.

Cant wait for the official gingerbread for the 2 global!