LG's Video Shows They Are Serious About the Camera in the Optimus G

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;71Bh_OZZBUA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=71Bh_OZZBUA[/video]​

For the first time in quite a while (if not ever) we can say that the newest and most exciting flagship phone to talk about is an LG product. The LG Optimus G has been making waves since its first rumors, and the official announcements only served to stoke that fire further. Between its next-gen quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro chip, 2GB of RAM, and a true HD IPS Display, the phone is a beast of specs. It also will have a slim and elegant design aesthetic, which is pretty important too.

One other important thing that we can't forget is the camera. In the past, LG has skimped on this feature a bit. With the new Optimus G, that is a thing of the past. In the video above you get to see a lot of the technical features of their new 13MP camera. In the end, the camera we will reserve judgement on until after we have seen it in use. Regardless, it's a huge step up for LG, and might be pretty competitive with some of the other flagship phone cameras.

Have a look at the video and tell us what you think.

Last edited:

B0B0

Reaction score
Interesting. wonder how fast that shutter is. I love my fascinate with near 0 shutter lag.

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
[video=youtube;71Bh_OZZBUA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=71Bh_OZZBUA[/video]​

For the first time in quite a while (if not ever) we can say that the newest and most exciting flagship phone to talk about is an LG product. The LG Optimus G has been making waves since its first rumors, and the official announcements only served to stoke that fire further. Between its next-gen quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro chip, 2GB of RAM, and a true HD IPS Display, the phone is a beast of specs. It also will have a slim and elegant design aesthetic, which is pretty important too.

One other important thing that we can't forget is the camera. In the past, LG has skimped on this feature a bit. With the new Optimus G, that is a thing of the past. In the video above you get to see a lot of the technical features of their new 13MP camera. In the end, the camera we will reserve judgement on the camera until after we have seen it in use. Regardless, it's a huge step up for LG, and might be pretty competitive with some of the other flagship phone cameras.

Have a look at the video and tell us what you think.

Im sorry but the bolded sentence made me laugh...

B

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
It looks like LG is taking the phrase Go Big or Go Home to heart. That's great. Raise the bar so everyone else has to follow. When that happens we all win.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Who is going to print out a 13MP camera phone photo? Considering 8MP images are used for 16x20 photos. I can't imagine a cell phone user would want to print anything larger then a 5x7. Which you only need a 2MP image for.

Cool phone though. I heard this is supposed to come to verizon with LTE Advance.

LG Optimus G to hit Verizon as LTE Advanced-certified Optimus Blaze?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Can't wait for this to drop in the US. :icon_ banana:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Wow on the camera! There is soooo much $ to be made in the smartphone tablet arena, LG is now trying to grab a large chunk. Kudos!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
tjk629 said:
Who is going to print out a 13MP camera phone photo? Considering 8MP images are used for 16x20 photos. I can't imagine a cell phone user would want to print anything larger then a 5x7. Which you only need a 2MP image for.

Cool phone though. I heard this is supposed to come to verizon with LTE Advance.

Don't forget the more resolution you have the more cropping you can do and maintain integrity.

MIUI tested, mother approved.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the more resolution you have the more cropping you can do and maintain integrity.

Yeah, except no one has the optics to keep pace with the megapixels. The focus really needs to be on shutter lag, auto-focus, and light sensitivity. Count me among those who would prefer a great 4mp picture over a lousy 13mp one any day.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
MissionImprobable said:

True

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, except no one has the optics to keep pace with the megapixels. The focus really needs to be on shutter lag, auto-focus, and light sensitivity. Count me among those who would prefer a great 4mp picture over a lousy 13mp one any day.

while that makes sense it seems as if it's easier to up the megapixel count then it is to improve everything else, and most consumers don't know exactly what the difference is.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

I agree, I'm VERY happy with the camera in my S3. I just got an actual HDR app that takes gorgeous photos and have to say, I'm impressed with a phone camera. But anyone who is in any way serious about photography of any sort has a DLSR too. I love having a decent camera everywhere for those times when my DLSR is at home, but if you are looking for a good quality photo, a phone should NEVER be a choice. Unless of course you own an iPhone since every iPhone owner seems to think they are the best photographer alive, with help from instagram. Tools!