LG's Sera Park Discusses The Design Evolution of the LG Optimus G

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;30jLyxkQce0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30jLyxkQce0&list=UL30jLyxkQce0&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

We have another cool video for you guys of the LG Optimus G. The more we read, watch and hear about this device, the more excited we become. In the video, LG's Chief Designer, Sera Park, shares the story of the design of the LG Optimus G. The new phone carries with it some of the original aesthetic design characteristics from some of LG's previously successful devices, like the Chocolate and Prada phones. The way the display of the phone is designed to disappear into the phone and create a "floating effect" really shows that LG is taking their time to master this one. If they can make this phone a big success, it will prove that any company can rise to the top regardless of pedigree. (I say this because LG really has come a long way since its old Goldstar days.) I like how "hungry" LG is in the market right now. They have the proverbial "eye of the tiger" and if they can keep up their motivation, we might just see them rise to new heights. The latest comScore data shows that LG is already ahead of the iPhone as far as hardware OEMs goes. Not bad!

Here's a press release below to go with the video:

LG SMARTPHONE DESIGNER: "LG CHOCOLATE, PRADA DNA LIVES ON IN OPTIMUS G"

"Our top priority was to carry over LG's unique design DNA and heritage to Optimus G," says the phone's Chief Designer Sera Park. "Optimus G has many of the elements that we incorporated in the past in phones such as Chocolate, Prada and L-Series. For example, the front face of Optimus G is completely black with lines that are nearly invisible when the phone is off, an effect similar to the original LG Prada."

The Crystal Reflection process used for the first time on the back of LG's new Optimus G smartphone was developed and patented over a period of 15 months. Crystal Reflection gives the Optimus G's back cover the ability to display different patterns depending on the viewing angle and lighting. The intricate polarized 3D pattern, which sparkles just under the surface, looks almost jewel-like. Laser cutting adds to the clean finish, as do the metallic highlights.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I really liked my LG Chocolate, and my wife loved her voyager... the prada was exceptionally nice looking... then it seemed like LG fell off the map. I'd love to see another great looking LG phone again.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Can't wait for this phone to land in the US

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'd like to check it out... it looks cool... but I need to paw at it..

bluefire7002

Reaction score
This phone does look pretty sweet... I dont know if it will be enough to push me away from my galaxy nexus, but theres a chance :happy3:

You have to believe though that this or something similar will be the top of the line specs for phones for a while. I dont see future phones being upgraded from a quad core, 2 gigs of ram, 13mp camera type specs anytime soon.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uh oh, it's got rounded corners. Apple will probably end up suing them. Somewhat related, I think this looks a hell of a lot nicer than the iPhone 5.