LG Revolution Passes Through FCC

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-lg-revolution.jpg

Another high profile Verizon 4G smartphone that debuted at CES this year, has just jumped through it's FCC 'hoops'. The LG Revolution could end up beating the TBolt to market and become the first Verizon 4G smartphone. The following is a 'refresher' of the phone's specs.
  • Android 2.2 (Froyo)
  • 1 GHz MSM8255 Snapdragon (a.k.a Scorpion)
  • 4.3-inch capacitive touchscreen
  • 16GB internal with microSD slot that supports up to 32GB
  • Bluetooth 3.0
  • 5MP rear camera with Auto-focus and flash and front-facing camera
  • 1500 mAh Battery
Below is the FCC ID Tag for the new device. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out. I know Verizon won't actually let it happen, but, at this rate, they will practically need to release all their 4G phones at the same time. The choices will be 'plentiful' later this year.

lg-revolution-fcc-03-10-2011.jpg

Source: Android.net via Engadget

Last edited:

nyeshia0431

Reaction score
Looks nice.....It looks like this and the stealth could come before or with the thunderbolt lol

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
LG is really stepping up to the plate. I'm liking this particular device but I will probably go with the LG Optimus 3D with it's Dual Core TI OMAP

creaky

Reaction score
LG is really stepping up to the plate. I'm liking this particular device but I will probably go with the LG Optimus 3D with it's Dual Core TI OMAP

Over the Bionic?

And any info on the Optimus 3D release date? I have read that is might go to T-Mobile. That's a non-starter for me, I'm staying on Verizon.

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
It looks nice, but I worry about switching over to a company who has no background with these phones. Will I be stuck on 2.2 forever if I get this phone? Who knows.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
LG is really stepping up to the plate. I'm liking this particular device but I will probably go with the LG Optimus 3D with) it's Dual Core TI OMAP

Over the Bionic?

And any info on the Optimus 3D release date? I have read that is might go to T-Mobile. That's a non-starter for me, I'm staying on Verizon.
Yeah over the Bionic but im not so sure its coming to Verizon as of yet. The Samsung SII is a beast and if that hits Verizon I will be going with it. Check it out in the news section. Its a fantastic piece of hardware.

Sent from my Droid

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
does anyone realistically think this will be out before the thunderbolt?
I personally do not know but if I were to venture a guess I would say no way. Simply because the whole marketing campaign would have to be redone. I do hope that the TB's foils don't hold up this launch. That would be tragic for those waiting on it.

andymellon4

Reaction score
i cant imagine it coming out before.....although im not sure which phone is better....

forum8417

Reaction score
ugh.... froyo still. this would be more appealing with gingerbread. im sick of froyo. but this is more appealing then the thunderbolt

Its TwiX

Reaction score
It's pretty illogical for anyone to think this would come out before the Thunderbolt. If the LTE network has problems (as said by VZW CTO), a different device won't change that. It will still have the same network problems.

Spec-wise, this looks like a Thunderbolt with a gimp camera and less storage.

To each his own I suppose :D

To those that think I'm an HTC fanboy, that's not it. I own a terrible LG product so I tend to stay away from them.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
LG is really stepping up to the plate. I'm liking this particular device but I will probably go with the LG Optimus 3D with) it's Dual Core TI OMAP

Over the Bionic?

Yeah over the Bionic but im not so sure its coming to Verizon as of yet. The Samsung SII is a beast and if that hits Verizon I will be going with it. Check it out in the news section. Its a fantastic piece of hardware.

Sent from my Droid
I hope VZW gets something dual core this Spring/Summer other than just the Bionic... seems like they're all hitting other carriers first...

Rotas

Reaction score

I would actually rather get the LG Optimus 3D over the TB, but I don't know if its going to be for Verizon, and don't know a release date on it.

I got my samsung rouge the day before the OG Droid came out, and ever since have been regretting it, lol
Not that its a bad phone, but all it does is call and text pretty much.

Been wanting an android phone ever since, and now that my upgrade has passed, Its tearing me apart.
If something is said before the TB release on the phone, that points it to Verizon and a reasonable release date, I am for sure waiting on it.
Otherwise I think I am going to have to settle for the TB.