LG G3 Full Specs and Features Leaked Prior To Release Via Dutch Website

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The LG G3 won't be officially announced until tomorrow. This fact didn't stop a Dutch website from releasing a the full specs and features list for this device. The LG G3 has some pretty advanced features according to the leak. Apparently the theme behind this new device is "Simple is the new Smart". Instead of bogging down the UI with tons of flashy apps and features there will be a few innovative features to enhance the experience while the rest of the UI will remain clean and simple. The phone is said to include a "metalic design" that is lightweight, a Quad HD display, and 13mp camera with optical image stabilization+ and laser focus. This site is showing the phone will come with the Snapdragon 801 and 2GB of ram. Previous leaks have outed the phone as including the new Snapdragon 805 and 3GB of ram.

The screen is a 5.5" QuadHD 2,560x1440 538ppi display. The included Optical Image Stabilization paired with the new laser focus is said to do away completely with image blur which you normally get if your hand is not 100% steady when taking a shot. The laser focus provides instant focus for the sharpest pictures possible. The camera app removes all the added buttons and icons for a clean and fast experience when snapping photos. The front camera is optimized for selfies with added sensor and flash. There is even a feature to wave your hand to take a picture, so you could set the phone up across the room and wave your hand to take a shot. There is a 1 watt speaker with boost amp. It is unclear weather that speaker is on the front or back. Other features like Slim keyboard, Smart Notice, and Simple file management are designed to make your phone easier than ever to use.

The only information we are missing here is pricing and availability. This device is really shaping up to be one of the years top devices!

via LG

jspradling7

Reaction score
I sure was hoping it would be S5 size or smaller, but it looks like it nearly Note 3 size. That may be just too friggin' big for my daily use. Why are all the Flagships getting so big? I don't want to end up buying "mini's" just to get a serviceable daily device.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm also leery of phones with only 2gigs of ram. Sure, it works great now, but plan on having my next phone another 3+ years (especially paying full retail). And reality is as more apps utilize ram to add features, with the trend toward "aware" applications, interconnectivity of social media, etc...that 2gigs will be stressed in no time.

My Rezound really struggles with 1gig - the Android OS itself is hogging more resources, and even apps like Playstore and Amazon can chew up to 80megs just when syncing to update apps.

I'd much rather have 3gigs of ram than QHD (which is, IMO, pointless as 1080p is more than sufficient for a phone display). Along those same line, although I'm not sure how 4k video will look shot with these phones, you're talking pretty intensive resource use to do that (not the least of which is MASSIVE storage requirements for even 7 minutes of 4k video - I'm looking at you, Moto, and everyone else that doesn't give us SD slots).