Several New Leaked Images of the LG G3 Indicate Removable Battery and microSD Card

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG-G3-removable-back.jpg

We have a couple new sets of LG G3 leaked images for you guys to peruse today. The pics show off what is obviously a removable 3,000 mAh battery and a microSD card slot. The first shot we have above is the D855 model, which is likely the European version of the device.

The second set of pics is in the thread below and is of the Developer Edition of the G3 which is headed to T-Mobile. Here's a quick recap of rumored specs & features:

• 5.5-inch IPS display (1,440 x 2,560 pixels)
  • Quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor
  • 3GB RAM
  • 16/32 GB internal storage space
  • 13 MP OIS+ rear camera with laser autofocus assist
  • microSD card support
  • Removable 3,000 mAh battery
  • Android 4.4 KitKat (probably 4.4.3)
  • Revamped UI
With this dazzling array of popular features, as well as a hot new brushed metal outer case design, the new LG G3 could just be the "must have" Android smartphone of the year!

The rest of those leaked images can be found in the thread below.

Source: TalkAndroid

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are the rest of those leaked LG G3 pics: (these come from @evleaks)

LG-G3-T-Mobile-Lunchbox-fixed-1-640x426.png

LG-G3-T-Mobile-developer-edition-png-15.png

LG-G3-T-Mobile-Developer-Edition-png-17.png

LG-G3-T-Mobile-Developer-Edition-png-16.png

LG-G3-IMG_099604-350x233.png

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Still hoping for a stylus of some sort but these images don't give much hope to that...the case images the other day did (kinda LOL)...

bw19526

Reaction score
It's not much bigger than my galaxy S3......1/4 " longer, about the same width.... So still a phone to me :)

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
This phone absolutely looks awesome.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Not really. This is a phablet. The s5 can still be considered a phone. This is a phablet that has already lost against the note 3.

When I saw the 5.5 display size I thought the same thing. I don't want a phablet. But the leaks say it is not the size of the Notes, but of the S5 and Z2. We'll know soon.

scott craft

Reaction score
The G3 is supposed to be slightly larger than the S5. It's not going to be in the category of the Note 3, but its definitely not going to be a small phone.

donhe7

Reaction score
Please excuse my lack of understanding, but what is new about the removable battery and micro SD slot, my prepaid LG L3 has both ........
donhe7

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Please excuse my lack of understanding, but what is new about the removable battery and micro SD slot, my prepaid LG L3 has both ........
donhe7
I don't think it has anything to do with being new. It's just a comparison as there are many new phones that do not have these features.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
donhe7

Most new phones on the market are going away from removable batteries.. And especially expandable memory(aka SD cards).. And many of us like these features in our devices...