LG G Flex with 6-inch Display Officially Re-confirmed; Shows Off in Press Render

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Yeah, kinda weird looking, but with a 3,500 mah battery only pushing 720p, this thing could last a few days off the charger.
Big battery with lower pixel count and lower nm semiconductor transistors on Qualcomm 800 is a MAJOR plus. Question is which carriers would consider bringing it over to the states, considering everyone but Samsung is pushing sealed devices sans SD card support and cloud storage, drawing from Google, Dropbox, etc...

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
What are the pros for having a curved screen? It would see more annoying to me.

We'll have to see if there's any merit to the claims that LG makes for the G Flex, but in the original press release for the phone they claim:

"The curved form increases the sound level by 3dB compared to typical flat smartphones. The curved design also offers a more reassuring grip and fits more comfortably in one's back pocket. What's more, in landscape mode, the display offers an IMAX-like experience, with the result being the most comfortable viewing angle for watching videos or playing games."

WestOkid

Reaction score
Ive heard the eye cant really even differentiate between 720p and 1080p under about 50" so I guess I dont see the point of a 1080p 5-6" phone screen other than for marketing purposes.

Mostly right. This goes back to the days when 1080p was making its way in the the big screen world. LCD's were at 1080p but the legendary Pioneer Kuro plasma was at 720P and still kicking their A___. It doesn't really apply to smart phones because those test were based on people watching video from 10 feet away. The bottom line is the PPI is what matters, not the resolution. And PPI on the lamest smartphones can whip the newest 4K televisions.

hradek422

Reaction score
Is the point of this to have the privilege of saying, "Look my phone is banana shaped?"

Speaking of banana phones...... [video=youtube;neKXc7pw4go]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neKXc7pw4go[/video]

I challenge you not to get THAT song stuck in your head for the rest of your life.