Lenovo's Ginormous 27" Tablet to Debut at CES 2013

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
lenovotab.png

Here's a piece of hardware that will certainly grab your attention. How does a 27" Tablet weighing in at a stout 17 lbs sound? Yes you read that right, Lenovo is going to be announcing a Coblet (Computer/Tablet) called the Horizon this week at CES 2013 that features a gigantic 27" full HD multi-touch display (16 by 9 aspect ratio) that runs Windows 8 and features a third-generation Core i7 processor with NVIDIA GeForce graphics. With customized games from Ubisoft and EA, and compatibility with joysticks and other accessories, Lenovo is clearly looking to appeal to the hardcore gaming crowd as well.

When the "tablet PC" goes on sale this summer, the price for this beast is going to drain your bank account with it's walloping $1,700 price tag. At that price and size we are not entirely sold - no pun intended - on the idea that will attract a lot of consumers, so we want to hear from you. What, if anything, is a deal breaker for you with this "tablet PC"?

Via: Android Tablets

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
interested for about 1200 not 1700.. but you never know

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Its not a tablet so much as a flat touch screen Win8 computer. But hey, potato...potato. Hmm, that saying doesn't really work well in text.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think this is the direction that computers will head into. I foresee "tablets" being used as computers (not in the way we use them today) and the whole idea of the desktop towers going the way of the dinosaur. I think computer enthusiasts will still use towers, so easily create their own beasts, but consumers will be headed toward the All-In-One design, clean and attractive look of the tablet looking PC.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I saw a story where they'd made a 27" Android based tablet just to see if the guys doing it could. I never thought it would be a marketed item at the time, especially in under 2 years the size screen I mean. I saw a story last year of an Asus 22"dual boot (W8 and Jelly Bean) tablet/laptop that was rumored to launch early this year and well under $1k. That'd be really cool imo.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Last edited:

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Its not a tablet so much as a flat touch screen Win8 computer. But hey, potato...potato. Hmm, that saying doesn't really work well in text.

Lol I definitely said it the same way each time

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2