Toshiba Plans to Debut 2 Tablets at CES: "World's Thinnest Tablet" & Water-proof OLED

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
toshiba-at200-back.jpg

Toshiba has pre-announced plans to release two new tablets at CES this year. One is going to be the exact opposite of their previous outing. The Toshiba Thrive is super-packed with tons of features, but those extra features came at the price of making the tablet notoriously thick. One of the new Toshiba tablets debuting at CES this year will go the opposite route. We have shared a few rumor articles previously about the Excite AT200, but now we have a few more interesting details about the device. Here's a breakdown:
  • Initially Honeycomb OS
  • Ultra-thin 7.7mm thick
  • 10.1-inch 1280×800 resolution display
  • 1.2GHz dual-core OMAP 4430 processor
  • 5MP rear/2MP front facing cameras
  • micro HDMI out and either 16GB or 32GB storage options
Supposedly, they will also be unveiling a second tablet that is even more mysterious. This other tab will reportedly be waterproof (or water-resistant), will have a 7-inch OLED display, and use a Qualcomm processor. Above is a screenshot of the back of the super-thin Excite. Intriguing...

Source: ThriveForums.org via PhanDroid

RyanPm40

Reaction score
All technology should be waterproof in this day and age!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That is one really simply but good looking design.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I'm pretty much a fan of Toshiba. Their laptops are affordable and quite well built. I'll definitely be watching for these tabs.

R

RETG

All technology should be waterproof in this day and age!

ALL? That means TVs, home and car stereos, printer, desktop computers, and I could go on and on.

And why should people pay for ALL technology to be waterproof when the chances of most technology getting wet are slim and that is what insurance is for.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Because insurance is pricey and it would be awesome? I can't afford insurance :p

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
ALL? That means TVs, home and car stereos, printer, desktop computers, and I could go on and on.

And why should people pay for ALL technology to be waterproof when the chances of most technology getting wet are slim and that is what insurance is for.

almost all phones sold in Japan are water proof. its a feature they all demanded and thats what they got

DaWolf85

Reaction score
almost all phones sold in Japan are water proof. its a feature they all demanded and thats what they got
Must... resist... tsunami joke....

Seriously, though, why would they all need things to be waterproof? If you want a waterproof phone, get one, but don't make other people pay for features they don't want just because you like them.