led not working with handcent and 1.1

getsideways

Reaction score
just upgraded from 1.0 to 1.1 and my led is not working with handcent. anyone else having this prob? it is working fine with email. thanks.

ink

Reaction score
Did you try going into the Handcent settings and changing the LED settings to see if it made a difference? I installed 1.1 yesterday and my LED is working fine with Handcent. I always go in and change the flashing frequency to normal instead of default (habit).

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is handcent reliable again? I switched to Chomp a long time ago because of these issues with handcent (among other problems).

CruiseFL510

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Had to uninstall and re-install. Works good now.

I find Handcent reliable.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Without hijacking the thread too much, when the Droid went to 2.1...thats when all the issues started happening. I guess you could say it was Google's fault because they removed the part that allowed screen-on LED notifications. Then the dev of Handcent had a hard time getting things to work properly. Texts would be erased, sent multiple times, all kinds of issues.

Now that a few ROMs have the feature available again, I wonder if the conflicts still exist.

To the OP: please keep us updated with what you find out. I'd love to go back to Handcent again, if everything works as intended.

Jasko

Reaction score
I just upgraded to Sapphire 1.1 last night and restored everything via Titanium. Just text messaged myself and the LED light works for me with Handcent. Like you stated, it only works when the screen goes off..

Deuel

Reaction score
Like you stated, it only works when the screen goes off..

To get the notification to work when the screen is off, try this:

Menu>Settings>GEM Settings, check the box on "LED while screen on"

Let us know if that works for you.

Armyof2

Reaction score

Without hijacking the thread too much, when the Droid went to 2.1...thats when all the issues started happening. I guess you could say it was Google's fault because they removed the part that allowed screen-on LED notifications. Then the dev of Handcent had a hard time getting things to work properly. Texts would be erased, sent multiple times, all kinds of issues.

Now that a few ROMs have the feature available again, I wonder if the conflicts still exist.

To the OP: please keep us updated with what you find out. I'd love to go back to Handcent again, if everything works as intended.

I've not noticed any real problems...lotta redraws when i exit that's about it. I never really got into using chomp just outta habit i guess

OP
G

getsideways

Reaction score
uninstalled handcent and reinstalled, now it works. thank you.