Lcd density opinion?

rqbaljh

Reaction score
honestly not sure, I'm sure others will chime in.

I tried a free one, LCD Density Changer, but it says it loses the change on a reboot, so I was like :what good is that".

Are you using a DroidX

scf

Reaction score
If you have root, you can make the change yourself. it's how I did it. I have root, and I picked up root explorer from the market. Then I went into build.prop and changed the density myself. Just gotta be careful in that file or you could really screw yourself up.

rqbaljh

Reaction score
If you have root, you can make the change yourself. it's how I did it. I have root, and I picked up root explorer from the market. Then I went into build.prop and changed the density myself. Just gotta be careful in that file or you could really screw yourself up.

Ha, yeah, I've been following the whole GB leak, OTA leak, rooted, deodex, etc. etc., drama unfold I'd much rather pay $1.50 for Droid overclock than screw with settings like that myself..........

modisch

Reaction score
I just tried out 190 and found it is totally great. Especially with one of the fonts from Liberty. Very clear and crisp, but more real estate. Fantastic. Nice side perk us that folders display more icons in view at the same time.

But someone said something about more icons (or them fitter better on the launcher screen. But I'm finding that they are positioned the same, just smaller and with more space between. I'm using three launcher that comes with liberty (launcher pro, I think). Would I get different behavior from a different launcher?

-m

{ DroidX «» Liberty 2.0.1 «» TapaTalk }

beyondlife

Reaction score
Both adwlauncher and launcherpro have options to increase icon rows and columns of the homescreen and app drawer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jessenj

Reaction score
I use Go Launcher Pro on rooted GB and have been running 190 as my density with max icons per row and column in Go and everything looks great. I had to downgrade to an older version of Handcent tho, as there is an issue with 3.8.5 and custom density settings, but so far, I'm loving 190.

modisch

Reaction score
Thanks, I installed Launcher Pro and fell in love. It didn't take long before I bought the Plus license.

I'm running at 200 lcd density now, which seems to suit my bumbling fingers just fine. And I love the extra icon rows/columns.

-m

{ DroidX «» Liberty 2.0.1 «» TapaTalk }