Which launchers are the best
And do the drain battery?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i use Apex and i dont think it uses any more battery than anything else does.. best bet is download a few from the market and try them . what you like i may not . and vise versa

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Back in my OG Droid days I had Go Launcher EX (free). It's really good and allows you to customize a lot (including add-ons). The Favorites widget won't work with Go Launcher EX, unfortunately, but they have their own to replace it.

SPB Shell 3D is supposed to be pretty sweet, but it's $14.95 and battery life can vary from user to user.

If you install a launcher, it's good to add an app like Home Manager, which will let you switch between them.

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm playing with Lighting Launcher now. Its pretty light in resources

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

wseyller

Reaction score
I like the stock launcher just fine. But Nova and Apex are great to use on ICS builds.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Ten different people will give you ten different answers. It's all personal preference. I use Go Launcher. It has the most themes and quite a few of them are free. Also it has more customizing options than most if not all launchers. The down side is, as was mentioned before, some stock widgets won't work. You have to use Go Widgets. And some say that it takes up too much room, that's it's too bloated. I have enough memory on my phone to make that a non-issue to me. It's smooth, fluid and fast on my Rezound. It got better when I installed the ics leak too. I've tried a few others including some 3d ones and I keep coming back to GL. I haven't found anything that does more or runs better.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ten different people will give you ten different answers. It's all personal preference.

That's very true. Like justin82 said, you can install several and compare what's best for you. Use an app like Home Manager to do the switching.

Last edited:

rumblee1

Reaction score
I have go launcher ex and really love it. Very customizable, really endless ways. Great dev support too. Only application I liked better was spb shell 3d. Only problem was it didn't like the bionic. Had a really long lag going from the app you were in, back to the home screen. Even the devs couldn't figure it out.

Last edited:

landon418

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Apex launcher + Minimal miui go launcher theme

markc23

Reaction score
Loved Go Launcher but man did it suck my battery dry, tried several times. Went back to stock or launcher pro.

whomhead

Reaction score
I used to be a big fan of Go Launcher, but the stock launcher is better in ICS, especially for Webtop.

I actually am using the Atrix HD launcher now. Love the clock/weather widget.

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I use tsf shell and love it. Gets better and better with each update too. No battery issues on my bionic or rezound. High price tag but well worth it if you're looking for something different.

JaeL41

Reaction score
I played around withSPB Mobile Shell 3D for about 3 months...It was fine. Didn't use half of the 3D features on it. It did however drain my battery more quickly than stock launcher. Needless to say I'm back to the stock launcher now. Just waiting for the ICS update.

welsalex

Reaction score
Ive been on ADW Launcher Ex forever now and its worked just fine. I'm not too sure but I believe I won't need it after ICS or will need a different one? Anyone care to give a quick run down of the launchers that do/don't play nice with ICS? Im one of those who is just waiting for the official OTA so i haven't had a chance to play with launchers on ICS yet.

Last edited: