Launcherpro icons for liberty

dotmike

Reaction score
Can we get a yellow xda icon too? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

wuwtk

Reaction score
Just want to thank everybody for these awesome icons, now my phone is looking sexier than ever.

jawonder

Reaction score
Hey draya1986 your great bro , how about some Skype , Slingplayer , Poweramp , Droid Overclock and a game icon like a Xbox controller . Thanks

Last edited:

pshaw92

Reaction score
Navigation, wireless tether, youtube,and file manager pleease

Thanks for the ones you made and all the hard work!

Sent from my LIBERATED DROID2

austmeliamne

Reaction score
Quie2Droid said:
yes, you need to paste the apk into the systems/app folder. It will ask you if you want to overwrite the other searchbox.apk. Choose yes, then reboot. I use Rootexplorer for this.

Quie2Droid said:
Yep, no need to install at that point. Make sure the permissions are correct on the apk you just copied by holding your finger on the apk until the menu comes up, select permissions and set it to what the other apk's are set to. Then all you need to do is go to your home screen and hold your finger on it to bring up the add widget menu. Then you will see it in the allowable widgets.
Ok. I've done as you have said regarding copy/paste the apk into my system/app folder (using root explorer) and checked the permissions making sure they are the same as other google apk's in the system/app folder and rebooted. Everything seems to be ok and the icon for the quick search apk in the system/app folder is black with a yellow g (pic #2).

But when I long press on the home screen and select widgets, scroll down to google search that icon is blue with a white g and when I add the widget to my screen the search widget stays the default blue/white colors (pic #1). Any thoughts? Droid 2, btw.

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
Quie2Droid said:
yes, you need to paste the apk into the systems/app folder. It will ask you if you want to overwrite the other searchbox.apk. Choose yes, then reboot. I use Rootexplorer for this.

Quie2Droid said:
Yep, no need to install at that point. Make sure the permissions are correct on the apk you just copied by holding your finger on the apk until the menu comes up, select permissions and set it to what the other apk's are set to. Then all you need to do is go to your home screen and hold your finger on it to bring up the add widget menu. Then you will see it in the allowable widgets.
Ok. I've done as you have said regarding copy/paste the apk into my system/app folder (using root explorer) and checked the permissions making sure they are the same as other google apk's in the system/app folder and rebooted. Everything seems to be ok and the icon for the quick search apk in the system/app folder is black with a yellow g (pic #2).

But when I long press on the home screen and select widgets, scroll down to google search that icon is blue with a white g and when I add the widget to my screen the search widget stays the default blue/white colors (pic #1). Any thoughts? Droid 2, btw.

Did you reboot the phone? I know a reboot is required for the changes to take affect. When you have your add widget options up on your screen, you should have the same icon in there that you see in your other screen shot. When I to to add widgets, I have two google search widget options. One is the regular one, and the other is the dark colored icon with the yellow "G" in it.

Last edited:

austmeliamne

Reaction score
Quie2Droid said:

Quie2Droid said:

Did you reboot the phone? I know a reboot is required for the changes to take affect. When you have your add widget options up on your screen, you should have the same icon in there that you see in your other screen shot. When I to to add widgets, I have two google search widget options. One is the regular one, and the other is the dark colored icon with the yellow "G" in it.
yep. rebooted my phone in various ways (quick reboot app, powered off via power button, and battery pull). I only have the blue/white google search icon in my widget listing.

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
Then I would say that either the permissions are not set right or something. From there I am not sure.

Anyone else have any ideas??