Circle Battery Numbers for Liberty Theme

OP
mingaldrichgan
Reaction score
What is the green color code you used? (ex. FFFFFF)?

I'm making some widgets and I can't get the color exactly right :(

The circle has a subtle gradient to it, but it's all based on a hue value of 80. I sampled several different green pixels from the Gingerbread battery icons and found the hue values to cluster around 80, plus or minus about 5.

For the text (numbers), I used hue 80, saturation 100, and brightness 100.

I used to do everything in RGB as well, but I've recently come to realize that it's easier to match colors by hue value.

Cwagmire

Reaction score
What is the green color code you used? (ex. FFFFFF)?

I'm making some widgets and I can't get the color exactly right :(

The circle has a subtle gradient to it, but it's all based on a hue value of 80. I sampled several different green pixels from the Gingerbread battery icons and found the hue values to cluster around 80, plus or minus about 5.

For the text (numbers), I used hue 80, saturation 100, and brightness 100.

I used to do everything in RGB as well, but I've recently come to realize that it's easier to match colors by hue value.

Awww shucks, well I'll have to tweak with it because Widgetsoid uses 8-digit hexadecimel codes. Thanks though!

OP
mingaldrichgan
Reaction score
Awww shucks, well I'll have to tweak with it because Widgetsoid uses 8-digit hexadecimel codes. Thanks though!

Oh, if you need a hexadecimal code, try #AAFF00. That corresponds to hue 80, saturation 100, and brightness 100.

Cwagmire

Reaction score

Oh, if you need a hexadecimal code, try #AAFF00. That corresponds to hue 80, saturation 100, and brightness 100.

Sorry, I'm not entirely tech savvy I guess, but it looks like a hexadecimel code, but with 8 digits instead of 6. I have no idea what that is :(

Ex. uses 8 Fs instead of 6 for white.

OP
mingaldrichgan
Reaction score
Hmmm... the extra two digits must be for the alpha value. I'm not sure which end the alpha value would get attached to, and whether 00 corresponds to fully transparent or fully opaque. Try all of the following codes: #AAFF0000, #AAFF00FF, #00AAFF00, and #FFAAFF00.

thebird36

Reaction score
hate to bother but would you mind making a gala-s colored 1? lol the color code is around 0083fd if u need it =)

OP
mingaldrichgan
Reaction score
hate to bother but would you mind making a gala-s colored 1? lol the color code is around 0083fd if u need it =)

I'm sorry, but I don't think I will be accommodating any more requests at this moment. (Not that I won't change my mind later, but for now...)

I've attached a Photoshop (PSD) file that you can alter and re-colorize to your heart's content. :)

Cwagmire

Reaction score
Will these work in 1.5?

EDIT: Wow, I obviously posted too fast. I didn't even notice that this was built in to the app!!

Last edited:

louy99

Reaction score
I liked these better than the ones in the toolbox. I installed the yellow one and it worked fine for me in 1.5

Liberated Droid2 Yo!!

OP
mingaldrichgan
Reaction score
Will these work in 1.5?

EDIT: Wow, I obviously posted too fast. I didn't even notice that this was built in to the app!!

These should work in 1.5, because unlike full themes, Metamorph themes only replace the specific resources within APKs instead of replacing the APKs themselves.

That's great to hear that 1.5 has the option built-in, however. I haven't actually installed 1.5 yet despite having been waiting for it... it's been a busy week (as always) and I wanted to wait for a night when I can stay up all night to troubleshoot any problems that may arise. Not that I anticipate any problems, but you know, you can never be too careful with these things, and I can't afford to be without a working phone during the day.

B-RAN

Reaction score
1.5 doesnt have the yellow circle built in though. Are there any plans on porting this to the 1.5 framework? I dont wanna mess anything up but love this battery icon. Thanks!

Last edited:

Cwagmire

Reaction score
1.5 doesnt have the yellow circle built in though. Are there any plans on porting this to the 1.5 framework? I dont wanna mess anything up but love this battery icon. Thanks!

mingaldrichgan posted (in the post above yours :p) that these work in 1.5.

B-RAN

Reaction score
He stated that they should work, should and do is a big difference! ;o)
Just because it flashes and you see the change doesnt mean that the mod didnt disabled something, just like if you flash a 1.0 theme on 1.5 it might work but you've disabled the 1.5 changes.
I PM'd kejar and his response was "should be an easy port". Didn't say yes, didn't say no. HAHA!!

OP
mingaldrichgan
Reaction score
To understand why this doesn't need to be ported, you need to understand how Metamorph works.

The reason full themes (like the ones available in the Liberty Toolbox) aren't compatible across ROMs and ROM versions is that they replace entire APK (application package) files in the /system and /data folders. Thus, a theme does more than modify icons and images; it can also alter functionality, which is not a good thing when you flash an outdated theme over a newer ROM.

Metamorph does not replace APK files; it only replaces specific icons and images inside them. Hence, the battery icons, only the battery icons, and nothing but the battery icons are replaced when you apply one of the Metamorph themes posted in this thread. The worst that could happen is that the framework in 1.5 has been altered so that the battery icons have different filenames or are in a different location, in which case nothing gets replaced. No functionality is lost or changed.

Does that make sense?