Launcher Restarting

mr.inter

Reaction score
My D2G frequently restarts the launcher by itself, for example I'm inside an app and when pressing the home button, the icons re-load themselves (a bit slowly and slowing my phone). This happens mostly when I'm on low battery. Currently I'm using Go Launcher EX but it used to happen on other launchers as well. I don't have any automatic task killers installed.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My D2G frequently restarts the launcher by itself, for example I'm inside an app and when pressing the home button, the icons re-load themselves (a bit slowly and slowing my phone). This happens mostly when I'm on low battery. Currently I'm using Go Launcher EX but it used to happen on other launchers as well. I don't have any automatic task killers installed.
You might try Zeam launcher. It is very much like Go, but with less features/options. It is a "bare bones" launcher and though I had redraw issues, like you've been having, with other launchers, I've not had a single instance with Zeam.

One other thing to check, in the launcher's preference isn't their an option to lock it in memory? If so, check that it may help with the redraw issue.

Good luck.

OP
mr.inter

mr.inter

Reaction score
I have a system persistent setting. I turned it on to see how it goes. It says that it is an experimental feature that may cause instability.

William_04_x

Reaction score
I turned on System Persistent because of slow redraw issues. It helped greatly at first, but I'll still get periods where the issue returns.

I like GO enough to deal with it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
mr.inter

mr.inter

Reaction score
The setting made some effect but I still have some redraw issues.

czervick212

Reaction score
I use adw and it usually only redraws when my phones been on for more than a day. I restart my phone every morning once I wake up so I dont normally get the issue all that often but I think its because of the amount of memory available? hope this helps