Launcher pro vs stock

Diordna

Reaction score
I love the stock and it's blur effects and what not, but I love launchers 3D scrolling up and down when looking at apps, and I can have more than 5 screens. and launcher is very customizable but stock had that cool blur effect with the grid when moving widgets. Aw!

Your experiences??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Kimo91

Reaction score
I've never used launcher pro but I've used both ADW and go launcher pro. I love both and lately I've been using go launcher cause it has good Widgets to compliment the launcher and more themes to use.

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

jdroid80

Reaction score
I'm using Go Launcher EX. I like it alot. Has a lot of customizations and feels more like the new stock launcher. I didn't like Launcher Pro as much on my RAZR, felt outdated.

dbam987

Reaction score
I've tried many launchers myself back when I had the Droid X including:

* SPB Shell
* Go Launcher EX
* ADW
* Launcher Pro

With the RAZR, I found it's stock stuff to satisfy my tastes. Motorola did well with this version of Blur. Wonder what they will do to it when ICS hits the RAZR.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

WestOkid

Reaction score
As with a few other posters, I have tried a few launchers. I love all the themes and the endless customization possibilities. That said, I don't care what anyone tells you - and someone will - There is a noticeable downgrade in performance and predictability in all of them. I once had this very nice customized set-up using Go launcher EX. I handed my phone to an iPhone user to show off. Shortly after I handed him the phone I started to explain... "that doesn't work because I have too many blah blah blah", "the transitions would be smoother except for blah blah blah." The guy was like "OK... I will stick with my iPhone". At the end of the day, I decided I want the "buttery baby-bottom" smooth and predictable performance of the stock launcher more than I want the options. But to each his own.

posttal

Reaction score
I've had launcher pro on my droid X and it transfered it to my new RAZR when I bought it the other day.So i don't know what the RAZR is like without it.But with it its great with it.I bought the unlock code for 2.99 on line this time around..its 3.50 in the app store..and now all its functions and themes are unlocked.I like the fact that i can resize all my widgets for a cleaner centered look.I love the scrolling task bar at the bottom of the screen and being able to have 7 screens with 5 rows and 5 columns.each screen with its own theme of icons.Between launcher pro and beautiful widgets my phone is laid out real nice and functional.

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I have tried go launcher pro and the effects were very awesome. And the 3D vertical scrolling I wish to god the stock had, the horizontal thing to find apps is a lot slower and not as good looking. And go launcher ex had this nice unlock screen of a 3D worm and you have to slice the worm to unlock the phone, that was fun.

Somehow I went back to stock though. I might try it again but there were slowdowns. But I'll see with more playing.

jdroid80

Reaction score
Yeah I get slow downs only when I start customizing heavily.

But I needed more shortcuts on the dock, better home screen access, and quicker app/home screen transactions.

I didn't mess with the 3d visuals and different themes too much.