Launcher Pro Lag

michaelearth

Reaction score
I just installed UD 8.0 on my Droid 1 yesterday and I cleared data and cache before I installed it. Now everything is silky smooth except for when Im scrolling between home screens using Launcher Pro Plus. Its very choppy and sometimes doesnt recognize that I have even swiped.

Ive tried several ways to fix this that include: rebooting, clearing delvik cache, freeing memory through UD settings.

SO do you guys have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

mikecolorama

Reaction score
i'm using LFY 1.6 and i have the same issue. when i swipe the screen, there is a lag in the time that i swipe and the screen advances to the next. i wonder if it's a LauncherPro issue?

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
i'm using LFY 1.6 and i have the same issue. when i swipe the screen, there is a lag in the time that i swipe and the screen advances to the next. i wonder if it's a LauncherPro issue?

Not sure.. Before UD I was CVPCS rom and Laucher Pro Plus had no lag at all. Its really annoying!

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
thats weird, do you have elasticity off or on? i found mine smoother with it on..even though i dont really like the effect. and do you have high quality scrolling on? if so try it off.

bc predz

Reaction score
Are you on the current version of Launcher Pro? I notice the same issue on ud 8. I think its LP. They have been pushing updates alot. It lagged when returning to the home screen from an app and was unresponsive when scrolling. The latest update seem to resolve the issue on my droid. v. 0.7.7.2

00 formula

Reaction score
Have the same issue, switched back to UD7 and the issue was gone, now I switched to UD8 again because I wanted the blue nex theme and it's back.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you look in the launcherpro.com forums, there are several fixes for this issue. i haven't tried any of them, because samsonite801 in this forum has a toggle/script that worked wonders for me, and worked immediately!! try it:

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

Stemage

Reaction score
if you look in the launcherpro.com forums, there are several fixes for this issue. i haven't tried any of them, because samsonite801 in this forum has a toggle/script that worked wonders for me, and worked immediately!! try it:

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

I've typed this in, but I don't know if it did anything. I wrote it just as you have it here, but there was no confirmation that it worked. Would you see a message in the emulator after typing it in? I don't believe it's working. ?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
no, i don't think you get any confirmation message. but, you should start noticing some marked improvement in the lag/redraws. if not, try out the launcherpro.com forums - this is a rather common issue, and a lot of people have addressed possible fixes for it...

doctordoctor

Reaction score
Yeah not familiar with terminal... so I am guessing "echo" then a space then the rest I found the command or whatever it is in root explorer where you said to look.

ANyhow it is Launcher PRO for sure... I have Pe without any lag and then I thought i would give LP a try again... seeing I hated it because it ALWAYS lagged on my droid. so I ahve stayed with ADW for that reason. Well LP Lags still so I know it is the program seeing the ROM is the same... I tried above and will let you know if it worked.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes, you will need to type it in exactly as it appears, with spaces, capitalization, etc. there is a space between the "echo" and "ro...." i think there is also a space between the ">>" and "/data/local.prop".

and make sure that after you type this in and hit enter, that you also actually type in "reboot" and hit enter. if you just exit out of TE and then reboot, the toggle won't "take".

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yes, you will need to type it in exactly as it appears, with spaces, capitalization, etc. there is a space between the "echo" and "ro...." i think there is also a space between the ">>" and "/data/local.prop".

and make sure that after you type this in and hit enter, that you also actually type in "reboot" and hit enter. if you just exit out of TE and then reboot, the toggle won't "take".
If you use ADB instead of terminal emulator, you can copy the text, and paste it into ADB. Never worry about syntax errors that way.