Lapdock worth it?

gltechguy

Reaction score
So I love my D3 and use it for work all the time. I basically use it to; read/edit excel, pdf,word, emails, Remote desktop (terminal server), download drivers from vendor website and wireless tether to laptop. I have found that in the last 3 weeks i have literally stopped using my laptop because there is no need when i can just use my phone. I want my boss to look into getting lapdocks but not sure if they can replace laptops. Again all i use it for is the listed above. I havent had the chance to use one so any of you with one think its worth it? Can you access any app on your phone through the lapdock? With the 500 can you trouble shoot ethernet connections (i.e. make a crossover connection?) is there a limit to the size of USB sticks it can read? Thanks for answering and giving your thoughts to my wall of text.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I picked up the 500 and I think it is the best lapdock they have released...the size is just right and it is like you are using an actual laptop and not something tiny...I cannot comment on the size of memory stick or card it will read / use as I haven't tried a memory stick and have only had my 16g card in place...

It is nice to see your phone on the screen and use the keyboard to respond to emails, texts, etc and to browse the web on a larger screen as well.