Lagging

DHood

Reaction score
Hello. I've been using ud2.0 since I got my new replacement Droid (1). Its been a week or two and I've had minimal problems but for the last 24 hours it's been a pain. I think it may be launcherpro but I'm unsure. My phone lags like crazy. When I go to the homesceen from an app my screen occasionally stays black for a minute. When I open apps they'll sometimes (being more frequently now) take a minute to open. Has anyone else randomly experienced this? Is there a way to fix it? The gallery being crappy was bad enough but this isn't something I can just deal with.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to search, clicked advanced search, select titles only, and search redraw. Follow the instructions for the first post. You will need an emulator

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also try clearing your cache and things of that nature

OP
D

DHood

Reaction score
I'm on myphone on the droidforums app so I can't advanced search. Could you give me the direct link?

To clear cache Do You mean in the recovery boot or somewhere in settings?

whiddles

Reaction score
I cannot get to advanced search for some reason. all i get are searchable items.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on my phone as well. I'll get on the computer and post it. And in the market there are apps such as cache mate, cache cleaner, and they'll clear up any extra cache to help speed up the phone. I actually just learned about this emulator method earlier today and used it. One sec and I'll post the link

OP
D

DHood

Reaction score
Thanks for the help man.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no problem. So far this has helped me out and I haven't been having the homescreen issues I was having when I would exit out of an app, etc, so it should work for you two as well