Lagging

lweisman

Reaction score
My Droid X has been lagging a LOT. When I type into a text it stays frozen for like ten seconds before all the letters light up and type really fast. In general it's slow to go back to home or even to lock.

I don't have many apps on my phone and I checked to see if most of the memory was being used by running apps, and it was less than half. I'm not sure what could be wrong.

vdubn95

Reaction score
How can I make my Droid x2 stop lagging when I want to go to my home screen?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Go launcher? And/or closing apps to keep as much RAM as possible free?

Last edited:

Insidious

Reaction score
Yeah GB has caused the X2 to be lag city. I'll probably hard reset it.

Sent from the future using my Galaxy Nexus!

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Open terminal enter the following commands. Hit enter after each one. Remember terminal commands are CASE sensitive. Also you must be rooted.

su

echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 /data/local.prop

reboot

Reaction score
Supercharge it. Search the forums and find the supercharger script. Root your phone, run the script, say bye bye to home screen redraws.

tamlin42

Reaction score
I use LauncherPro, with a single dock and homescreen, Power Control widget only. haven't had a single home screen redraw since I updated to 2.3.4.
If the lag is really pervasive, I recommend backing up any data you wish to keep, then SBF to 2.3.4 stock, wipe data, cache, and dalvik.
It's a bit of a scorched earth policy, but it seems like they forget to do these things after QA testing and the result is some ****ty experiences for end users.

t1.8matt

Reaction score
Root, flash Liberty or Eclipse (Liberty is my preference after using both), supercharge and run the Kick Ass Kernal. I've noticed pretty decent decrease in lag and launcher redraws after doing that. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Personally I don't use any of those scripts. I get better performance with a few build prop mods than any of those scripts ever did.

Just my opinion. But I think my phone flies.

Sent from my Android device.