Kindle for Android!

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
Cool,

I will be getting an actual Kindle soon. This will compliment it very nicely.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....I may try this. But I'm not so sure I'd be comfortable reading an actual book on the Droid...maybe on the gigantic screen of a Droid X....

Kias

Reaction score
Hmmm....I may try this. But I'm not so sure I'd be comfortable reading an actual book on the Droid...maybe on the gigantic screen of a Droid X....

I thought the same thing... However, to date, I've read the entire twilight series (Just because my daughter said it sucked!) a handful of free books, and was waiting for Kindle so I could get "The Road"

It's awesome reading on the droid!

Kias

Reaction score
They take you out of the kindle app and into your web browser to buy books? That's kind of silly...

NVash

Reaction score
Its the same way on the iPhone app. I have it on my iTouch. I like Kindle almost as much as Aldiko but the fact that they can take the book back from me at any time kind of bothers me. I heard that if the publisher decides they no longer want the book to be published Amazon can take that same book right off your Kindle. I dont like that but otherwise its an awesome app. Would I buy an actual Kindle? Ive said it a million times. Maybe when theyre in color Ill consider it.

Dankinia

Reaction score
There are a ton of free books available for kindle. I love mine and have been looking forward to this application for the times I don't have my kindle with me. One website I recommend for anything kindle related is Kindle Boards - Index. They have monthly lists of free and bargain books.

Jer

Reaction score
My wife just ordered a Nook and we have Droids. The question is should she keep the Nook and do the Kindle app for two different options. Should she sell the Nook and get a Kindle so that she can read the same books on both devices only paying for them once (the option to save the last page regardless of last page is nice) or should she sell the Nook, pocket the cash and just use the Kindle app on her Droid?

Guchi

Reaction score
My wife just ordered a Nook and we have Droids. The question is should she keep the Nook and do the Kindle app for two different options. Should she sell the Nook and get a Kindle so that she can read the same books on both devices only paying for them once (the option to save the last page regardless of last page is nice) or should she sell the Nook, pocket the cash and just use the Kindle app on her Droid?

keep the nook and ditch the app. reading on a kindle/nook is WAY better than any phone/computer screen, MUCH easier on the eyes!

jgumphress

Reaction score
Any good free books?
There are lots of free books on the Kindle store. I downloaded the Kindle app last night and already have several books to read, all were free. Suprisingly they are very comfortable to read too. You can select font size for your preference as well as page color. I planned to buy one of the searchable Bible books but they are not searchable in Android. Went to their website and discovered they are still building this app and there may be searchability later.

merge5

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with app rendering books correctly? Mine are all crazy characters and no text. Running Cyanogenmod 5.0.8

Thanks!