KIN3TX for 902

Sadahiro

Reaction score
One thing I noticed was that I cant use my Yahoo Mail anymore. Now i have to download the app. I loved using that thing. I really dont know why it wont connect. Maybe because it needs the blur to work but I remember always using it before

Lownignitus

Reaction score
beware. the .904 got rid of my safestrap. dont know if anyone experienced this. on KIN3TZ with the new radio, works nice.

It's not that 904 got rid of safestrap(it should be in your app drawer) it just broke its connection/permissions to run the custom recovery. Just reinstall safestrap recovery and everything will be like before you updated. Same rom on unsafe.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Sadahiro

Reaction score
gosh it reverted back to 894...
I forgot all the correct terminology but basically when you go into about phones, after you flash the rom, that part isnt what it really is. I think it was because its built off the .894 base so that's why it says that. What ever update you were on before you flashed it, so .902 or .904 for example, that's what you still have.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I forgot all the correct terminology but basically when you go into about phones, after you flash the rom, that part isnt what it really is. I think it was because its built off the .894 base so that's why it says that. What ever update you were on before you flashed it, so .902 or .904 for example, that's what you still have.

Basically, you are on a .894 based ROM running a .902 based kernel and baseband. All the numbers .894/.902/.904/etc refer to are a specific compile of the entire system. It's the number of the update package as a whole.

deduct

Reaction score
The link to kin3tx on media fire no longer works. Any one know where I can find it now? I really miss kin3tx rom. Never mind....found it here....... http://www.***********/folder/keuGKfox/_online.html

Last edited:

deduct

Reaction score
So I am guessing you have to be on. 902 to run kin3tx. I am on 904 and after flashing it I get stuck right after I touch android to begin. I might fxz. Back to 902 tonight.

deduct

Reaction score
I went back to 902 and still had the problem. Found out I was trying to flash the older kin3tx. Thanks to timmy10shoes for helping me realize my mistake. Running kin3tx now. Ics theme and couldn't be happier. Thanks timmy!

PbSandman7

Reaction score
I'm so happy to see that KIN3TX is compatible with 902 and its an easy switch. The last few months all of the new theory roms have been in beta and was quite disappointing so I was forced to run Eclipse which isn't great by any means. Its not terrible, but I did have quite a few errors and force closes. None of which I had before on Kin3tx on 894.
Can't wait to switch in the next few days... eclipse kind of smells :blink:

deduct

Reaction score
I have to agree. I like eclipse, mainly for the themes available for it. But my main problem with it is the eclipse launcher. Pretty boring. Needs more customization options. Other than that I like eclipse. But, my fav. Is currently kin3tx. I like how it really is just an improvement upon blur. It has some great themes available for it as well. I am running the ginger bread theme. But I have every other theme on sd card and I usually flash a different flavor each day. That's what I love about android, plenty of ways to customize and make the phone your own. Something for everyone.
If you are going to go back to eclipse, flash the version found here http://www.***********/folder/keuGKfox/_online.html
The zip on the bottom is the .902 compatible version.
There's this dark blue theme as well
http://www.mediafire.com/?kb48ccul2kgnl7o
And a shot of red
http://www.mediafire.com/?olb8ggi30s56vu3

Last edited:

js349

Reaction score
How to get to 902 from 894 on kin3tx

I realize this is an old thread and hasn't had any updates in a couple of months but I hope someone sees this and can help. I'm new to rooting and custom roms but I took the plunge and 4ever rooted and am using kin3tx with Hon3ySc3am theme and I'm loving it. But I would like to get to .902 (or at least the radio) and I can't find instructions to get there. I have safestrap installed and this rom is on the "safe" side. Could someone give me some help with this? Thanks!