KIN3TX for 902

xdaxdb

Reaction score
I need a KIN3TX that I can install on a .902 system. I can't find a link.

I was using it before and it is hands down the BEST ROM for Bionic currently. I like axi0m, but reliability is paramount for me and I keep having intermittent radio issues with it. I have been using the current Eclipse ROM and I do not like it I want KIN3TX!

Sadahiro

Reaction score
Agreed!! I wish I knew how to convert it to be compatible with .902. Im not down to upgrade to .902 and get stuck trying to use the .901 version of Kinetx

jjkoolaid

Reaction score
beware. the .904 got rid of my safestrap. dont know if anyone experienced this. on KIN3TZ with the new radio, works nice.

Sadahiro

Reaction score
Ohhh really? I thought it always froze at the part with the green android. If it doesn't, then ima upgrade to. 902 asap. Also, is the. 904 the latest OTA? Or is that just a leaked one?

OP
X

xdaxdb

Reaction score
I don't know if it's because I was using Eclipse for over a week, and I just hated it so much or what... But my Bionic is better than ever right now, I'm very happy being back on KIN3TX. I was having Market crashes and wifi problems on Eclipse and not to mention it is just ugly.

Until there is a stable ICS build for Bionic, KIN3TX 901, ICS T-Pack, and ICS Launcher (Team Syndicate)is the best setup. Although I hate the custom status bars in ICS launcher I disable them.

Sadahiro

Reaction score
I don't know if it's because I was using Eclipse for over a week, and I just hated it so much or what... But my Bionic is better than ever right now, I'm very happy being back on KIN3TX. I was having Market crashes and wifi problems on Eclipse and not to mention it is just ugly.

Until there is a stable ICS build for Bionic, KIN3TX 901, ICS T-Pack, and ICS Launcher (Team Syndicate)is the best setup. Although I hate the custom status bars in ICS launcher I disable them.
Yea I never wanted to go to Eclipse. So you never had problems going to. 902 or. 904 and it freezing when you first boot it up? Have you also any changes from. 901? Like data and gps?

OP
X

xdaxdb

Reaction score
I was on 896 w/ KIN3TX. Then I followed these instructions to get to 902 (I know about the malware warning. It wasn't there when I did it) [Download] DROID BIONIC Fastboot Files (5.9.902), with flashing instructions. I'm sure if you searched hard enough you could find an image to go from 896 to 902 without using the link above, but I used it and had no problems.

THen: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th3ory-rom-bionic/199484-902-root-method-complete-safestrap-features-th3ory-axi0m-rom.html

After that I installed axi0m and played around with Eclipse too.

Then today I did this 5.9.904 Update for Droid Bionic Leaked! - BIONIC - droidHIVE Forums

THis again: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th...lete-safestrap-features-th3ory-axi0m-rom.html

and also installed KIN3TX 901

If you having issues booting up I suggest doing a full wipe and also in Recovery go to "Format /system" and then install the ZIP again

OP
X

xdaxdb

Reaction score
It seems like the battery is lasting longer... I can't say for sure. Also it seems like the phone transitions from WiFi to 4g to 3g etc quicker than it used to, but again I have no way to tell for certain. One thing that is a fact. after going to .902 I noticed that the phone shuts off WiFi and switches to CDMA/LTE only, when you pick the phone up it turns WiFi back on. There isn't much of a delay and it hasn't been a problem and its probably saving me a lot of power. I don't remember it doing that before I just remember WiFi being on all the time.

Sadahiro

Reaction score
Thats good. I finally am on .904 now. Im glad to hear the wifi and data hand off is better. Thats one thing I was getting tired of.

Sadahiro

Reaction score
Woooooo im finally done!!!! I had bricked my phone last night kinda. But now I have Hon3ySc3am theme, .904, downloaded a bunch of apk's (ICS go launcher locker etc.) and im lovin it!