Keypad Light Won't Light Up At All

arkkkkkkk

Reaction score
Hello. I just got the DROID yesterday and I must say that I am very impressed with it.

The only problem I have right now so far is that the keypad won't light up at all so I can't type in the dark.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue?

Friendly answers would be appreciated. Thank you and have a good day.

SL-1200

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! You'll find a lot of useful info here from great members!

Try turning it off and then back on and it should be good to go. This sometimes happens after rebooting or powering on.

OP
A

arkkkkkkk

Reaction score
I tried that and it didn't seem to work... Are there other alternative methods or is my phone defective?

nphil

Reaction score
on the power control widget, click on the last button(i think), the one that looks like a sun. That's the brightness control button. Keep clicking it until you get your desired brightness level, your keypad should automatically light up on the first click.

OP
A

arkkkkkkk

Reaction score
Sorry, that didn't work either... Now I'm really starting to think that my phone is defective. =(

OP
A

arkkkkkkk

Reaction score
Okay, all of a a sudden it randomly lit up and turned off. Do any of you have any idea what's wrong with it?

Zeroid

Reaction score
Same thing has happened to me since I've had my droid (~4mo). I've also read about this on various threads. I think it is just a common droid failbug. That and the battery cover falling off all the time are the main annoyance with the product.

cdmsatisfied

Reaction score
yep, same thing for me. Keypad lights up when it wants to. Powering down helps... sometimes :(