Keyboard/swype gibbersih

DJK

Reaction score
My swype/keyboard no longer functions correctly. It chooses letters next to the ones I ma selecting. I can't even pick the ones on the left side of the screen. I've done a couple on/offs and also a hard reset. Any ideas?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My swype/keyboard no longer functions correctly. It chooses letters next to the ones I ma selecting. I can't even pick the ones on the left side of the screen. I've done a couple on/offs and also a hard reset. Any ideas?

By hard reset, do you mean power and volume down? If so, Try this...

Press power and volume down again until the phone powers of, then as soon as you see the red m, press and hold both volume buttons until the phone vibrates twice, one long, one short.

You'll be in safe mode. Then try the Swype again. If it works in safe mode, then you have an application conflict.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

OP
D

DJK

Reaction score
You were correct about hard reset. Thanks for the safe mode idea, I tried it and the same issue occurs. After doing a little more review, it looks like it is the left side of my keyboard is the problem. I also tried swype in landscape orientation and there isn't any problem there so should I assume a hardware problem? BTW - is there a way to see a list of the most recently added / updated Apps sicne I may wnat to try uninstalling any just prior to the iussue coming up?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
If you go into my apps in play store, slide the screen to your left and it will show all the apps you ever installed and updated listed in order of the most recent install or update. It even includes lists the apps you installed then uninstalled.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
D

DJK

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I went to Verizon Store and they are shipping me a replacement because the left side of screen is dead! I can't wait to get it 'cause it is hard to text when you can only use words from letters on right 2/3 of keyboard.:blink:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Thanks for the info. I went to Verizon Store and they are shipping me a replacement because the left side of screen is dead! I can't wait to get it 'cause it is hard to text when you can only use words from letters on right 2/3 of keyboard.:blink:

Yes, but it could be fun too to make those you are texting guess what you are saying :)...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Is that little girl with the horns and pointed tail on your left shoulder talking to you again?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
LOL...FK - actually no, that was the one wearing the halo - you don't wanna know what the other one said :) LOL...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
:icon_ rofl: :hail: