Keyboard & Spacebar issues

Rinzler

Reaction score
It started about yesturday afternoon, every time I would go to type a text with either the keypad or on screen keyboard and when I need to hit the spacebar...the message closes out and the freezes until I hit the home button.

I'm not if it's the update, or something wrong with my phone? I generally take care of my devices....So I'm not sure what the problem could be?

silverfang77

Reaction score
Menu>Manage Apps>Multitouch Keyboard>Clear Data.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

anjgfam

Reaction score
I worked!

Thank you soooo much silverfang! I've been struggling with the same problem for a week, wound up posting on another forum(because I didn't think I could find one for my phone) and finally searched for it and found this discussion! so happy I did! I was going to go to verizon today but now I don't have to! :) Thanks again!

(Meant "it worked" on the title.... lol!)

Last edited:

leahbug56

Reaction score
Fixed but why?

Clearing my user data from the keyboard fixed my problems too. Thanks so much for the fix.:hail: Reloading the operating system and all the apps was not a pleasant thought so this was easy.

The problem seemed to effect anything that required input, closing apps that I typed in including texting, gmail, facebook, google, etc. Typing more than one word (hence a spacebar) froze the app and I had to do unnatural things to recover and get past the error and force the app to close. So I suppose the software that tried to predict next words was the crux of the problem. Was there an automatic update to android software that caused this or an app update that caused it? What software was the problem? I want to stop whatever happened from an automatic update if possible.

manning68

Reaction score
Your post saved me from throwing my Droid out of the window. Thank you