Droid X keyboard/spacebar issues

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Tech Support' started by racerkvn, Jun 21, 2011.

1. greycobalt

greycobalt Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This is happening to me constantly and it's maddening. Except for me, the spacebar thing doesn't happen. It just refuses to show what I've typed even though spellcheck and autocorrect recognize. I'm ready to throw it out the window.

2. anjgfam

anjgfam New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same issue

I've been having the same issue but with a different phone...I have a Motorola Droid 2. I just got it in June and I haven't had any major problems that the task killer wouldn't fix until about a week ago. Now when I try to type a text message, doesn't matter if I'm using the slideout keyboard or the touchscreen keyboard(vertical or horizontal), anytime I type and use the space bar it takes the texting bar at the bottom away and won't let me type anymore. I can type as many other characters as I want so long as I don't hit the spacebar. Sometimes if I leave the texting app by hitting home and return to the text it will let me continue for another word but then freeze right back up the second I hit the spacear. The only way i can successfully create text messages is using the talk to text feature.

I also noticed the problem that greycobalt is having and that happens to my phone often as well...

I know that this is being posted under a forum for a different phone but I am new to this website and didn't know if I would be able to find another forum with the same problem for my phone. I was going to go to verizon this afternoon but I would really appreciate som guidance beforehand.

3. ras0787

ras0787 Member

Ratings:
    +0

HAve you tried a data and cache wipe? That fixed it for me when i was having this problem.

4. Anozira

Anozira New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had that problem with my x2. If I cleared the cache for the keyboard it would temporarily fix it. I found the two best solutions to be to use the swype keyboard or download the gingerbread keyboard off the market.

5. anjgfam

anjgfam New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got it work...someone told me to do this and it worked :)

Menu>Manage Apps>Multitouch Keyboard> Clear Data

6. Hypermommy

Hypermommy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I had installed an alternate keyboard the other day when this issue started happening and only just now had time to sit down andd research on it. I ws worried about the other keyboard since I got a warning about it may send my data somewhere (don't remember the exact text.... I know... not helpful). I was worried about passwords being sent to some unknown developer which just strikes me as a not safe thing, you know? So I have my original keyboard back now, thanks to you, and no more worries. Thanks!!!

7. nitnylion

nitnylion New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Spot On!

The clear data function for the keyboard was the fix. Thank you so much. You saved me hours of hassle at the Verizon Store in NJ.
    Thank you so much.

Search tags for this page
android keyboard spacebar problem
droid spacebar problem
droid x keyboard problems
droid x2 keyboard issue

droid x2 keyboard issues

droid x2 keyboard problems
droid x2 spacebar problems
how to fix my keyboard on galaxy s 4 it shrunk
how to reset keyboard on droid x2
problems with space bar on droid x