Recommendations for a good keyboard app?

kevins686

Reaction score
I want something like I had on my OG Droid, which automatically added a space after an auto-completed word. Also, I find myself hitting the 'period' key when I'm trying to hit the spacebar, so something with a longer spacebar? Sounds nitpicky, I know, but I'm sure there's something out there that would be an improvement on the phone's stock keyboard.

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
I use thumb keyboard.....it adds the space and there are different configurations you can set the keyboard. I have mine split, so there is two spacebars, can use the left one and no more hitting g the . by mistake..

Try the tree version and see how you like it

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
Gingerbread keyboard is free and reminds me of my of og droids keyboard. By far the best keyboard out right now... IMO

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

9wire

Reaction score
How about one that has the comma on the qwerty screen? Big pita changing screens just for a comma that I use a lot.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
Gingerbread keyboard has all punctuation options at the top when u hit the space bar.... It truly is near perfect

D4ve

Reaction score
SwiftKey is a good option. The option to adjust the time delay makes it so much faster. It also counts how many keystrokes you save by using the recommended words and longpress feature. It also has a separate key for a comma and question mark.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

armeddroid

Reaction score
My choices in this order.
Swiftkey
Smart Keyboard
Perfect Keyboard
Swiftkey is the best IMO. Aside that it doesnt work with Firefox, its the best keyboard for me.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
My choices in this order.
Swiftkey
Smart Keyboard
Perfect Keyboard
Swiftkey is the best IMO. Aside that it doesnt work with Firefox, its the best keyboard for me.

I have tried these plus the GB keyboards and I have to admit I finally settled on Flex T9....it has pretty much everything from everything listed above plus swype

bernardino5

Reaction score
Keyboard for android free in market exactly like the og Droid I come from the D1 didn't quite like the stock on the TBolt, it's the gingerbread keyboard.

"ThuNd3rB0lT"

OP
kevins686

kevins686

Reaction score
Gingerbread keyboard has all punctuation options at the top when u hit the space bar.... It truly is near perfect

That's exactly what I was looking for, but wasn't quite sure how to phrase it. So if I could have a keyboard that combines that, the extra-long spacebar for my fat, mongoloid sausage thumbs, AND which retains the "cursor" keys on my stock keyboard . . . well, let's just say I'll be a happy man.

Last edited:

armeddroid

Reaction score
I'm using SwiftKey X

AWESOMEbolt

I was just about to post this!
This one is nice and it has themes plus it uses the original Swiftkey dictionary.
Thas wassup.
So i just picked up this one and TOUCHPAL INPUT which is real nice. I been a fan of COOTEK when i had the original HTC TOUCH and TOUCH DIAMOND.
Awesome keyboards.