Keyboard(s) stop working

MdicnMan

Reaction score
I wonder if this is a Bionic issue or just my bad luck.

I am frequently losing the ability to enter text. I can change the input method to another keyboard but nothing short of a reboot works.

I am rooted but otherwise completely stock. Nothing removed at all.

Thoughts?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jaflora

Reaction score
I too have had the same problem on my Droid X2 (Android 2.3.4, System 1.3.380, Rooted and but mainly stock). I installed Advanced Task Killer and found that for some reason every app and process seems to find a way to run on it's own and it becomes very annoying and brings the phone to a crawl. I tap on the "KILL selected apps" button and it brings the phone back under control and I am able once again to use my keyboard. I hope this helps.

If anyone has a better solution to this problem I am open to hear it. Thanks in advance!

OP
MdicnMan

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Thanks. I don't think that sounds like quite the same problem though; I was able to type but nothing would show up in any field that I typed in. Oddly even the word suggestions would show up in the keyboard but nothing showed up in the field.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jaflora

Reaction score
@MdicnMan: Aside from the word suggestions, that is what my Droid X2 does. The description in the link above doesn't quite fit our situation.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums