Kangeraid-friendly AVI player?

AndyR83

Reaction score
Hello, I am running the latest Kangerade Blue from the sticky at the top of this section of the forums. Prior to using this ROM I used the paid version of an ap called yxflash to watch avi vids on the phone. With this ROM it won't open, saying that the application (process kr.mobilesoft.yxflash) has stopped unexpectedly.

Is there any way to fix this or are there any aps that will run in kangerade that play avi's? I have whole seasons of TV shows on my SD card and not being able to watch them is killing me :(

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
The Droid x video player can play avi files. I know fab who made the Droid x theme for bb put this videoplayer in his x theme. I'm sure you could grab it and push it to your system. I haven't personally tested the video player to see if it will play avi files even though I do have it but it should work

Last edited:

shocka2430

Reaction score
Rock Player beta works fine with avi files too. I found it on here somewhere awhile back and downloaded it from the website. you could google it i dont know if its in the market yet. actually give me a sec and i will google it for you.

edit: borrowed this from xda: Download link : http://groups.google.com.hk/group/rockplayer/files

manicpop

Reaction score
the thing to keep in mind about avi files is avi is a container format, not a video format. whether or not your phone (or any system) will play an avi depends on what codec (video format) the avi uses, and what codecs the phone supports.

OP
AndyR83

AndyR83

Reaction score
Thanks for your help everybody. Downloading Rock now, will try it shortly.

jason6g

Reaction score
rock player is awesome!!

my media viewing collection:
-ASTRO & Gallery for pictures
-Rock Player for divx (and flv and almost everything else ive come across)
-Act 1 Video for all my tv episodes & converted movies
-Movies for basic viewing