Kangerade.Scripts.v04

crpngdth2001

Reaction score
I cannot get the update to install. I deleted the version that comes with Jrummy's ROM downloaded this one.. go to install from astro and I get the warning "this is a system application do you still want to replace it" hit OK, go through the permissions then I get a message "not installed"

I have the same issue as above. When I follow the instructions for terminal listed above, it tells me "no such file or directory" for kangerade.scripts.apk (verified by listing contents of directory). When I continue with the terminal commands anyway, it returns "failure" on the command just prior to the sync. Any ideas?

bigdonster

Reaction score
Ditto for me. I'm hoping this will fix my lwp issue - I've installed the additional goodies, but when I use Kangerade Scripts to set my lwp, while confirming lwp has been set, just sets my wallpaper to a static blue Shiz wallpaper.. anyone had the same issue?

Vaden K

Reaction score
I was having FC issues when trying to turn camera sounds on/off so I did it in terminal. I tried again with this v04 and it works fine. Awesome work!!
dancedroid

Vaden K

Reaction score
I cannot get the update to install. I deleted the version that comes with Jrummy's ROM downloaded this one.. go to install from astro and I get the warning "this is a system application do you still want to replace it" hit OK, go through the permissions then I get a message "not installed"

I have the same issue as above. When I follow the instructions for terminal listed above, it tells me "no such file or directory" for kangerade.scripts.apk (verified by listing contents of directory). When I continue with the terminal commands anyway, it returns "failure" on the command just prior to the sync. Any ideas?

Had this issue as well then I followed jrummys instructions and it worked.

Do the same just use kangerade.apk NOT kangerade.scripts.apk:greendroid:

So...
rm /system/app/kangerade.scripts.apk
should be
rm /system/app/kangerade.apk

crpngdth2001

Reaction score

Had this issue as well then I followed jrummys instructions and it worked.

Do the same just use kangerade.apk NOT kangerade.scripts.apk:greendroid:

So...
rm /system/app/kangerade.scripts.apk
should be

This didn't work at first, so I did a reboot and tried again. Something must have been hosed - but once I rebooted I was able to do this fine substituting kangerade.apk. Thanks!

cnmsales

Reaction score
Do I need to uninstall the original script app first. Or can I just download and install this?

Honky Kong 64

Reaction score
i cannot get the update to install. I deleted the version that comes with jrummy's rom downloaded this one.. Go to install from astro and i get the warning "this is a system application do you still want to replace it" hit ok, go through the permissions then i get a message "not installed"

i have the same issue as above. When i follow the instructions for terminal listed above, it tells me "no such file or directory" for kangerade.scripts.apk (verified by listing contents of directory). When i continue with the terminal commands anyway, it returns "failure" on the command just prior to the sync. Any ideas?

had this issue as well then i followed jrummys instructions and it worked.

Do the same just use kangerade.apk not kangerade.scripts.apk:greendroid:

So...
Rm /system/app/kangerade.scripts.apk
should be

thank you!!!

cnmsales

Reaction score
Ok got this installed.

When I go into extra apps i get the error "error loading /sdcard/goodies/extraapps/"
When I go into install live wallpapers i get : "error loading /sdcard/goodies/livewallpapers/"
When I go into Boot animations i get the same.

What am i doing wrong?

cnmsales

Reaction score
Just guessing here but I added these folders to the goodies folder and no longer get the error but now it just tells me Install any apps located in /sdcard/goodies/extraaps/

Install live wallpapers to /system/app

Install boot animations located in /sdcard/goodies/bootanimations

But then there is nothing listed. What am I missing. Where do I get Apps, Bootanimations, and LWP from. And how do I add them so they can be used by the script app?

cnmsales

Reaction score
When you say install it via recovery. You mean renam the goodies.zip file to update.zip and boot into the recovery console and install it that way correct?

If so do you have a link to download the goodies.zip file?

Where do you get the 3rd party LWP and boot animations? As far as boots I really just want the mario one and the rottenapple one.

Also, thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

cnmsales

Reaction score
Yep I got it all working now man, thanks for the help!!!!

INFERNO

Reaction score
Boot Animations DONT work.
It's moving them to system/Media.........????

meltdown

Reaction score
I had the same problem. There is a bootanimation.zip in your data/local folder. Run terminal emulator and type in:

su
mountsys
rm /data/local/bootanimation.zip
unmountsys
sync

The phone looks in both folders at boot but takes data 1st