Just unboxed my Note 8!

realged13

Reaction score
Just got my Verizon Note 8. About to start her up.

mXoroZV.jpg

SrjK5

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Me too!!!. Put it on my wireless fast charger - bingo works like a charm. Now to get it configurted.

OP
R

realged13

Reaction score
When I was checking out, I never got the pre-order deals to choose my wireless adapter. Hope I didn't mess it up and not able to get it now.

rongotti

Reaction score
When I was checking out, I never got the pre-order deals to choose my wireless adapter. Hope I didn't mess it up and not able to get it now.
They might have run out of them

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome, congrats! I was just reading an article that mentioned the phones were shipping earlier then expected.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
If you are talking about Samsung's Do Bigger Things promotion you have to use the shop Samsung app on the new phone, answer a few questions enter the IEMI from the box it came in, take a picture of the receipt, fill in a couple info things push enter (or whatever it was) and a couple seconds later it gets approved. Mine ships this week!

PS I took the camera because I already have a ton of fast chargers and a memory card.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
BTW for those who haven't held a Note8 of seen it live - it is almost exactly the same width as my S7 and a bit taller. No buttons or anything else visible on the screen because all buttons are now screen icons (nice as they disappear when not being used). Finally getting to use the USB things I got with the Note7 or bought for it. Charges like lightning.The pen is much sleeker, better point, and can't be inserted backwards :D. No camera bump. Fast.So far love it!

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Be sure you TOTALLY understand the gotcha's in the deal with Verizon. I feel like I got screwed. Just went to claim the rebate and get the return packaging. Their fine print states that I do not get a rebate but instead get a bill credit for 1/24 of the rebate each month. If I wanted to buy it outright I get nothing or it stops when paid off early. Customer beware. With what I had to pay just to make my S7 trade-able this is now a VERY expensive deal and sure was not made clear to me prior to purchase. Still love the phone just not Verizon who owns me for the next 24 months.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Congrats all! Enjoy your new phone. Can't wait to get mine. Trying to wait before I order but it's not easy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I am very tempted to call ups to put a hold on my phone and let me pick it up. otherwise it could be late evening before it gets delivered.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!

From what I read, when you get the phone, log into the Samsung app, then it will prompt you to select your freebies

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I am very tempted to call ups to put a hold on my phone and let me pick it up. otherwise it could be late evening before it gets delivered.

Good Idea!! Mine is supposed to arrive Thursday. My UPS deliveries are normally early. My fear (or issue) is I will have to sign for it and I NEVER make it to the door fast enough. But if I call, I can make the 20-mile drive to the center.

For those of you who have received it, did you have to sign for it?

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
From what I read, when you get the phone, log into the Samsung app, then it will prompt you to select your freebies

yep, once you install the samsung app (if it is not already installed) just sign in, answer a few questions and thats about it. wish they would make up their minds on how to get the freebies, I swear, the steps change with every new phone.