Just picked up my xoom.

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Just got my xoom from best buy a few hours ago. I like it alot so far. Best buy is not offering the 599.99 deal which the manager thought was ridiculous and I was able to talk him into giving it to me at the discounted price. One thing I'm noticing as im typing this is that the text is being sluggish as it appears on the screen. So when are'we getting root with over clocking? Also what is the proper way to turn off the 3g when its not in use?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't have a Xoom but ill bet if you look in your settings you will find a way to choose between wifi and 3G.

tessa25

Reaction score
Settings->wireless then you'll see airplane mode and wifi.

To get settings click on time in lower right corner of the screen, then click on the small picture that appears in the lower right, then click on settings.

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

Also noticed text being sluggish but this thing is awspesome one thing tho where is google body?

OP
Infiniti87

Infiniti87

Reaction score
I agree this thing is awesome but the sluggish text is starting to get on my nerves. So far my Ipad is a little snappier. Hopefully there will be some performance optimization in the coming updates.

Newton122189

Reaction score
The way I look at it its just like the original droid, I got that on launch day and it hand many bugs including sluggish text. That was the first 2.0 device, the XOOM is the first 3.0 device so expect similar things. They will get fixed but that's the way things roll when you're an early adopter. In my opinion for how much got changed in honeycomb its relatively bug free. Its almost an entirely revamped OS with only its core principles showing any resemlance to previous versions of android and because of that I will remain impressed and pleased as well.

OP
Infiniti87

Infiniti87

Reaction score
I completely agree with you newton. I think its an awesome device and I'm very pleased with it. I was not expecting it to be perfect. I'm also very fond of the new 3.0 UI. I can't wait to see what google has in store for this thing.

Newton122189

Reaction score
Yeah in my opinion if this is the direction android is headed then its got a bright bright future. Stylish is quite the understatement when talking about honeycomb.

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

Download thumbkeyboard its really nice and alot better to use in landscape check it out and that CNN app just released is sick