Just ordered a Otterbox Commuter

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
You guys who got an otterbox and have an extended battery, can you try it without the battery cover on? I'm curious to see if it's snug enough to run it w/o the cover.

Thanks
Rofl guys, i got the otterbox case at vz the day i bought the nexus. it has been in my bag the whole time i kinda forgot about it.

I have the extended battery so ill see if it fits for you wicked. I do not have the commuter case but the defender case. The cover does Not fit with the extended battery, but without it, it fits quite snug. its a nice case but i feel like they could have stepped up that screen cover a bit. (its not the clearest one ive ever used)

Last edited:

eric.scheman

Reaction score
Turns out that the Defenders death grip on the inside of my pocket wasn't something I can get used to. Just returned it. I will probably do a "non-review" on the Commuter and the extended battery. Furthermore, while I was at Verizon i tried the Incipio Sicicrylic, and it did not really fit the extended battery. there was a small, but noticeable, hump where the battery back doesn't dip like the regular.

Got one for Xmas and love it. Good protection and not too bulky

baldybill

Reaction score
Does the commuter have a belt clip like the defender? I like the smaller case, but also want a belt clip.

Sent from my OG Droid

OP
S

shanimal92

Reaction score
Last edited:

pilot25

Reaction score
I just got the commuter in the mail today and it looks and seems nice with the standard battery. Extended battery not so much. Fits very very very snug and the silicon portion is not form fitting because it is stretched pretty tight.

I haven't decided if I will keep it or not. I have to swap out batteries so often that this case is a bit too difficult to get on and off.

daddyd302

Reaction score
Rofl guys, i got the otterbox case at vz the day i bought the nexus. it has been in my bag the whole time i kinda forgot about it.

I have the extended battery so ill see if it fits for you wicked. I do not have the commuter case but the defender case. The cover does Not fit with the extended battery, but without it, it fits quite snug. its a nice case but i feel like they could have stepped up that screen cover a bit. (its not the clearest one ive ever used)

My Defender fits fine with the extended battery. I took the screen off as it makes my Nexus look too grainy.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
I got the Otterbox Commuter, and I have the extended battery (This is with the LTE Galaxy Nexus).

It fits great, and it was easy to fit on. Getting the volume and power button pass-throughs to line up with the plastic cover was a little tricky, but that's width, not thickness. I guess there is a little bit of a bulge, but not even enough to notice unless you're specifically looking for it. All in all I'm glad I got this case. I dropped the gnex twice already before getting the case, so I know I was on borrowed time!