Just gotta vent about LG

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Hi guys. I'm still around, just lurking. Here's my rant.

I'm still waiting for Android 10 for my G7 thinq. It's been a great phone but I'm tied of waiting for updates. LG makes great phones. I was looking at some of their new ones and they are nice. I just read a story about them trying a "reboot" because they are losing money like crazy. Why is it so hard for them to understand? They need customer/brand loyalty. And one way to get it is to support their phones with timely updates. I'd love to but another LG but they just don't get it. So I'm patiently waiting to see what Motorola's new Edge phone is like. Sorry LG.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hey man I feel ya ...I think they just don't get it ...and one of the reasons why their phone prices plummet after a short time from a release ...I mean Samsung has been great lately even beating our Pixel with updates ....we just need better updates ...I just don't get them ...marketing is horrible..I never see any incentives with their phones for new purchases ..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's not only LG, everything you said are some of the reasons I bought us both a Pixel. I love Moto phones, owned just about every one the past 10 years. But the lack of updates is getting old. I mean come on....a few bug fixes here & there mixed in with some timely security updates...is that too hard to do? And their support forum has really frustrated me recently. I guess some companies just want to sell phones, and providing after sale support (to include security patches & bug fixes) is not a top priority.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I was hoping to get the Motorola Edge as my next phone but from the leaks on AA it looks to be a VZ exclusive. Bad move Moto.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I was hoping to get the Motorola Edge as my next phone but from the leaks on AA it looks to be a VZ exclusive. Bad move Moto.
I'm not surprised. They have a long standing history of Verizon exclusives, followed by an Unlocked model for sale on their website later on.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I like everything about it except the edge display. I'm not a fan of any edge display.

Yeah I'd like to get away from that trend ...though I did see they threw in a couple of functions with it ..

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I like everything about it except for it's a VZ exclusive and I'm not going back to VZ.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I like everything about it except for it's a VZ exclusive and I'm not going back to VZ.
Hopefully it's like the Z4, a Verizon exclusive and eventually an unlocked version for sale on their website. Seems like Moto & VZW have an agreement to give Verizon the most 5G phones.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I have to bring this thread back because I did something I thought I wouldn't do. I got another LG.

It'll be here later today. I got the V60. As much as I can't stand their update schedule, LG made me buy this phone. I'm on T-Mo so my selection is limited. That and this thing is basically an S20 ultra without the price. It has everything I wanted including a headphone jack and an SD card although with 128G of memory I really don't need it.

Bottom line is LG makes a solid phone. Hopefully the updates will improve.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I have to bring this thread back because I did something I thought I wouldn't do. I got another LG.

It'll be here later today. I got the V60. As much as I can't stand their update schedule, LG made me buy this phone. I'm on T-Mo so my selection is limited. That and this thing is basically an S20 ultra without the price. It has everything I wanted including a headphone jack and an SD card although with 128G of memory I really don't need it.

Bottom line is LG makes a solid phone. Hopefully the updates will improve.

Bro I think that's a great choice.. underrated phone from all I've heard ... Ticks all the boxes ..can't wait to hear your thoughts ...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hope the new phone is awesome!

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Bro I think that's a great choice.. underrated phone from all I've heard ... Ticks all the boxes ..can't wait to hear your thoughts ...
It does tick all the boxes. My only complaint with LG are the updates. Other than that they make a great phone. That's why I said they made me buy it. It has everything I wanted. From what I understand they updated and lightened the UI. It's more vanilla Android than before which is always good. I'm really looking forward to it. My wife said it arrived but I'm at work so I gotta wait. I'll post my thoughts on it when I get up and running for a few days.