94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
FoxKat said:
I concur. Besides, the OP wasn't the person who mentioned the WD40 on his X, it was lhardeman56 (above), so we weren't even poking fun over the OP's comments...and lhardeman56, the same goes for you.

We (Agent 94 and myself) were poking fun at each other to keep it light here. As Secret Agents, we have a lot of stress in our lives. Working for CONTROL is both a blessing and a burden. Fortunately for me, I have Agent 99 to keep me company. 94 is an extreme operative and works alone (his wife knows nothing about his "other life"), so to help him deal with the stress he and I often poke fun back and forth. It's all in good fun! :biggrin:

And on a more serious note, both my wife and I have the RAZR, bought a few months before the MAXX was introduced. Had I known the MAXX was coming I'd have waited. You have a great phone and it's everything the RAZR is, but with the added benefit of a huge powerhouse. Sure, it may be a bit thicker, but some have commented that the extreme thinness of the RAZR makes it somewhat difficult to hold and a bit uncomfortable in the hands - like carrying a Razor Blade by the edges (pun intended), where the thicker form factor of the MAXX coupled with the extreme battery life makes it an even better phone than the RAZR. If I had the chance to upgrade, I'd do it.

Now that I have the RAZR, I'm waiting to see the next phones coming from Motorola. If it's quad-core and it's anywhere as nicely built as the RAZR, that may be my next phone.

Cheers! :)

Baahahahahaha... you blew my cover!!! But I may still be able to salvage this.... ;)

And I'm right with you on the next device!!. Quad-core and possibly an HD screen with the same battery if not a bigger battery than the maxx.... sign me up!!!

Also with FoxKats support.... yes sir.... I'll take two!!

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You are hereby forbidden to upgrade until I (we) no longer own a Razr. I (we) need your help!! :D

Baahahahahaha... you blew my cover!!! But I may still be able to salvage this.... ;)

And I'm right with you on the next device!!. Quad-core and possibly an HD screen with the same battery if not a bigger battery than the maxx.... sign me up!!!

Also with FoxKats support.... yes sir.... I'll take two!!

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Don't worry guys and gals, I'm going nowhere. I enjoy the company here far too much and besides, when a new phone drops it's a rush of problems nobody is yet familiar with so we all look like newbies! I am enjoying my elected statuses here (Trash Can - "Professor", SallyC - "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time", and I am sure there are others!).

:icon_ lala:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Ratts...I should have activated the Cone of Silence - then we would have been secure. Let's hope KAOS isn't watching this thread. :icon_eek:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
:icon_eek: I'm on high alert...... I'll spot em coming...:p

lhardeman56

Reaction score
Short story on WD40 was somehow it accidentally got sprayed while X was on a bench in my garage and went unnoticed for several hours. Possibly by my 4 yr old grand daughter.

Phone still works just impossible to see screen outdoors. Also has weird streaks in the touchscreen (not glass).

I disassembled phone and a good cleaning and drying was no help.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Short story on WD40 was somehow it accidentally got sprayed while X was on a bench in my garage and went unnoticed for several hours. Possibly by my 4 yr old grand daughter.

Phone still works just impossible to see screen outdoors. Also has weird streaks in the touchscreen (not glass).

I disassembled phone and a good cleaning and drying was no help.

You might want to go and get yourself some "tuner cleaner". Make sure its tuner cleaner, and that it has no lubricants. Also make sure it says safe for plastics, and douse that phone. Stand it on end and just spray the heck out of it, spraying into the cracks between the front and rear casings at the top, and keep spraying while the solvent removes the WD-40. It may completely reverse the problem or at least minimize it.

Even better, open it up like before and spray liberally in the screen area again allowing it to flow down through the phone and out the bottom.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

Last edited:

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
A little off topic......... Does the Maxx take screen shots or do you need a app?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bang Pow Boom said:
A little off topic......... Does the Maxx take screen shots or do you need a app?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Not stock. There are a few apps in the market most require root.
ICS has it built in.

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----